The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Changing monthly meet date

garetheves

Change monthly meet date  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Change monthly meet date

• Keep as it is, we will just fight for a parking space
    • Change day and have a Supra only meet.

As discussed with a few people last night at Mascrat:

In summer Mascrat can get packed beyond belief, so much so that if you dont arrive before half 6 then its very difficult if not impossible to get on the car park at all let alone all park together. Just wondering what peoples feelings are on moving our monthly meet to another day (for example the following monday, 3rd of the month) so that we can have our own Supra only meet where we can park together and have a haslte free meet. It means we wouldnt have to worry about getting there too early, getting blocked in (which regular happens) and also wouldnt have to deal with all the other cars.

Obviously by having it on a different day it still leaves the option open for anyone wanting to go to the usual 2nd Monday event organised by Jap Northwest if we want to check out the other cars etc etc.

So post up your feelings and vote and if the general concencous (sp?) is to change then will see what we can arrange.

Guest Bainesy36

I must admit I really enjoyed my first meet last night at Mascrat and it was great to meet some of you guys and gals off the forum.

I think the idea of a separate Supra night is an excellent idea as I can imagine how busy it would get there later in the year.

Good luck with it Gaz, :D

Nige.

Matt, no-one is stopping you from going to Jap NorthWest Mascrat as well, I can imagine most of the regulars will want to do both.

Paul, Last night seemed to be a bit busier, particularly with non-Japanese cars, than usual.

Although Mascrat is very central and easy to get to, maybe we could consider another venue. Perhaps to combine with Yorkshire, for instance South Manchester /Snake Pass (M60) or M62.

If we do stick with Mascrat we'll need to make sure we don't clash with any other meets, in Particular Chavs 'R' Us, or the French Car Owners Club, and that we don't compromise any of their other nights such as the quiz night.

Mike

Matt, no-one is stopping you from going to Jap NorthWest Mascrat as well, I can imagine most of the regulars will want to do both.

Paul, Last night seemed to be a bit busier, particularly with non-Japanese cars, than usual.

Although Mascrat is very central and easy to get to, maybe we could consider another venue. Perhaps to combine with Yorkshire, for instance South Manchester /Snake Pass (M60) or M62.

If we do stick with Mascrat we'll need to make sure we don't clash with any other meets, in Particular Chavs 'R' Us, or the French Car Owners Club, and that we don't compromise any of their other nights such as the quiz night.

Mike

Mike i had a word with the Barmaid as we was leaving she says there isnt any other "Planned" evenings ( although there maybe some UN planned ones maybe ? ) apart from Thursdays which is their Quiz nights

Im all for a seperate night too and probably still go to the Normal nights too, I think the venue is great as we all know where it is and is fairly central to most ....Blackpool and Morcambe Gang and the Stoke/North Wales guys .....and the foods good and "buy one get one free" too ;)

Cheers

Ian

Mike

I was going to suggest a change of venue as well more so that we dont get bored going to the same place twice in a month. I do like the idea of trying to organise one with the Yorkshire lot, only over summer though as its only really worth the drive over that way if we can stay late(ish) and appreciate the nice nights. Dont think many people would be up for it on a cold, rainy winter night like last night.

Matt: As Mike has said this isnt to replace the Japnorthwest one but just to make our meet a bit more "exclusive". I for one will head down to the Jap Northwest one most month as well as our own (any excuse to take the car out).

Jock organises a regular meet up in Blackpool, can't remember which day of the month it's on, but it's on a Sunday afternoon iirc

Against a Supra only meet: over summer, i definitely like to see the other cars too, and have a few friends who go that aren't Supra owners. it's nice to mingle with other owners

For a Supra only meet: one big annoyance at the usual Mascrat meet though is tools that just park in front of people when they turn up late, when others have turned up early to get a decent spot. plus you guys are a nice bunch to chat & eat with :)

as much as i'd like to go to both, it would depend on other commitments & weather etc i think on which one i'd turn up to

I haven't been to Mascrat yet, but the idea of having two sounds good. Then the people who still want to go to the Japanese meet one can, as well as a Supra only event.

A mate of mine is into his American muscle and they have a meet at the Lea Gate hotel/restaurant (Preston, Blackpool Road) each month. They also have one at Knutsford services.

He says they are really good places to have them, just putting them as suggestions just in case people are wanting to change venues etc.

I agree with most of you!!. Having a choice of going to both appeals to me anyway?. Sometimes making Mascrat can be difficult and maybe have to miss it, but it won,t be a problem if there is another meet (local) best of both worlds!!

ALSO, commiting to a weekend meet is probably to most of us especially with families, quite difficult, probably more than a day in the week? SO i would suggest keeping this to a day in the week, what do you lot think?

Guest Bainesy36

Definitley another day in the week and keep it at Mascrat. ;) Good call Dodgy!

If you move it much further, those of us from North Wales will probably miss out and we don't want that as I've only been to 1. :(

Nige.

One thing we discussed whilst watching the rallying in Blackpool was changing the place we park, rather than go right down to the end park nearer then entrance, we could take over one of those areasand ensure we dont get blocked in. No sure if the pub will allow that or not?

One thing we discussed whilst watching the rallying in Blackpool was changing the place we park, rather than go right down to the end park nearer then entrance, we could take over one of those areasand ensure we dont get blocked in. No sure if the pub will allow that or not?

i think it's worth a try Mike, in the busier months, people park throughout the entire car park anyway, it was only recently they started to get everyone to start from the bottom end

if we tell them that we just end up getting blocked in then they may allow us to choose a different section

• 2 weeks later...