The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A pillar gauges - distracting?

merckx

I'm just wondering if an a pillar gauge fitted with 2 - 52mm white faced gauges are a little distracting when you're driving the car?

I'm not sure if most of the pillar pods are for the 60mm gauges.

The reason I ask is that I'm not sure to whether to mount them there if I can find a decent pod or remove the radio which I hardly use and mount them in that location.

Cheers

I'm not sure if there are any 52mm a pillar gauge pods that are specific to the Supra.

I might have to make one.

I've got a miami-gt two pod thingy and it can be used with 52mm or 60mm depending on how big you trim the holes ;)

I have 2 52mm guages so will be cutting the holes to that size of course :)

I have a 3 pod and I don't find it distrating in the slightest. In fact you can sneak a glance at the guages without taking your eyes off the road, almost essential. If I had to look at the glovebox I'd probably hardly notice them and it would be too late if something was going wrong. not really a massive difference between 52 and 60mm tbh in any sense

I have a 3 pod and I don't find it distrating in the slightest. In fact you can sneak a glance at the guages without taking your eyes off the road, almost essential. If I had to look at the glovebox I'd probably hardly notice them and it would be too late if something was going wrong. not really a massive difference between 52 and 60mm tbh in any sense

Im the same dude with a triple pillar pod :)

oh ok :( well i bought it from Voo51 on here and she said it was from miami-gt.

maybe give them a ring? I'm sure they're about £80

Yes mate, the full A-Pillar pod is a Miami-GT original jobbie as I sold it to Voo51 in the first place (she made about £20 profit out of you - bless her!:innocent: )

I ordered one when I was away and my wife did the same as a pressie; hence the reason why I had two. They cost £80 at the time but Miami-GT don't sell them anymore as their supplier has gone bankrupt

Got mine from Envy. It fits and looks good quality.

I had one hole 52mm and one 60mm - custom order, same price.

Do you have any pics, ideally close ups Pete?

I brought one a year ago and tbh im not happy wit the fit nor the finish, thus looking for a change.

How is yours secured?

Thanks Chris

Not cheap but they do look very nice.

Did you have to wait very long after ordering it?

The one i bought for the Supra was in stock so it was just a couple of days. I had one in my old GT-Four which i remember having to wait approx 2 weeks.

They are excellent quality and have a stock finish, at the time i couldnt find anywhere who did 52mm ones. There were a few generic ones that accepted both 60mm & 52mm however what i liked about these was that the pods were no bigger than neccessary as they were specifically for 52mm gauges

Hope that helps.

Regards

Chris