The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting Full Decat

Flip

I want to fit the full decat to my TT soon, but as I don't have a proper boost gauge or controller I wasn't going to fit the fuel cut defender. Will this be ok? The ECU should just cut the fuel as necessary and therefore not let the tubbies overboost, yeah?

I want to get it on there so I can enjoy the noise (and possibly a smidge more mid-range torque before fc?) before I get the other bits and bobs, plus I'm getting bored of tripping over it in the garage.

You will hit fuel cut extreamly quickly it wouldnt really be driveable at all, mine fuel cut at 1.05 bar with just the first cat out, that was bad enough, full boost for 2-3 seconds then BAMB say hello to your windscreen.

Get your boostgauge first then fcd then fit the decats after for saftey and the full effect of BPU

Harumph. Spoil-sports.

Can I just have a boost controller instead of a gauge, don't want to lose my clock or my central air vent really, nor do I want a stuck on one if I can help it.

I have both but I could easily do without one if it was only the boost I was measuring;) .

EDIT - Strike my last. I'm talking shite. I would always retain the Boost gauge as an impartial monitor. It all depends if you want to add a BC to your set-up to affect the turbo spool but if you're just after standard BPU, then boost gauge on its own is the way forward

I think I would check the condition of your current SMIC first as you don't simply want to fork out extra dosh if you can help it. A standard Toyota SMIC in good condition should happily support your BPU aspiration with relative ease.

the secret is in the condition of the SMIC though!