The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Potential Purchase

Guest jif

Hello

Could someone advise me!

Im looking to purchase a J spec supra and are torn between the TT and NA. I have a budget of approx 5k and wonder if its better to purchase a newer na than an older tt and then mod the na to increase the performace?

Insurance is not a problem (old)

Any advice or opinion welcome

Many thanks

Guest Phillw454

my NA is sound and cost just over 5k a few weeks ago, great paint, perfect interior, alarm full mot and 6 months tax only 1 uk owner

think youl get a crap TT for 5k, best off getting a NA or maybe a single turbo if you cant go over 5k?

welcome:d

my NA is sound and cost just over 5k a few weeks ago, great paint, perfect interior, alarm full mot and 6 months tax only 1 uk owner

think youl get a crap TT for 5k, best off getting a NA or maybe a single turbo if you cant go over 5k?

welcome:d

For a single turbo he would have to go WAY over 5k :p

There was never a standard single turbo JZA80 Supra, only NA or twin turbo. All single turboed Supras are modified NA's or TT's and are big money.

There are some decent TT auto's knocking about for 6 - 6.5K. Depends on what is your main reason for having this type of car. Do you just want to look good, go very fast or both!!;)

You should be able to pick up a Facelift NA Auto for 5k or maybe a manual for a little more. What do you think of this one??

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=TOYOTA&min_pr=3000&source=0&model=SUPRA&max_pr=4000&agerange=&mileage=&miles=1500&trim=&keywords=pratically&postcode=wn2+1qj&ukcarsearch_full.x=76&ukcarsearch_full.y=9

Looks like a bargain to me!!

H.

tbh there is quite a big difference in performance between the NA and TT.............

'Looking' at Bungys car, it looks nice and you could easily get this car for £5000, ok you'd have to pay him £6000 (ish:d ) but you could sell a few of the bits (seats and exhaust or wheels etc) and come in at your budget..........