The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glass Headlights - where from, noticeable difference?

Sheefa

Saw some on ebay the other day for £350 iirc for brand new glass ones.

Just wondered if there is really any benefit in getting a set or just refurb the J-specs? Anyone made the transition over and how would you 'honestly' rate the improvement?

I would appreciate a like for like comparison e.g./ Refurbed J-specs vs New/Refurbed Glass.

Greg

How can you contact Steve Manerly. Im intrested in glass lights. Do you know if he does a J-spec?

Me too.!! I have a 96 Facelift. Would the uk spec glass headlights fit without and problems or should I just have them refurbed? The chrome around the lights is peeling off an leaving a horrible shitty orange colour underneath!!

H.

Me too.!! I have a 96 Facelift. Would the uk spec glass headlights fit without and problems or should I just have them refurbed? The chrome around the lights is peeling off an leaving a horrible shitty orange colour underneath!!

H.

Glass headlights are a straight swap although you'd need to buy new dip beam bulbs.

BTW Facelift headlights are far superior :p

Although Nic's sales pitch is a good one ;) , i'd personally go for the UK spec glass lights.

They're cheaper for a kick-off. yes you would have to buy new bulbs for some of them but if you buy facelift lights you end up losing your side-lights unless you've bought face-lift side-light / indicators as well.

all just imo mind you.

sorry Nic :D :run:

UK glass over Pre facelift J spec any day, but facelift headlights out do both, much newer looking and a more agressive front end.

All new cars come with some form of plastic lense and they dont yellow easy, the facelifts are the same, where as the pre facelift were made from a different form of plastic and yellowed alot easier.

UK glass over Pre facelift J spec any day, but facelift headlights out do both, much newer looking and a more agressive fron end.

All new cars come with some form of plastic lenses and they dont yellow easy, the facelifts are the same, where as the pre facelift were made from a different form of plastic and yellowed alot easier.

:iagree:

Thanks for all the great info guys!

Now I'm more undecided as to whether to go glass UK or Facelift!! Ahh. Not keen on the black backing on facelifts on a black car though - looks a little dull so UK may be best option.

Looks like I'll have to buy new HIDs then, or bulbs to fit UK right as I have the 9005 ones in at the mo?

Guest gzaerojon

or how about best of both worlds? glass with facelift insides

these are made up from a set of uk glass headlights and the insides from a j-spec facelift set :)

Guest gzaerojon
Jesus that's great!

Jon - how much do you charge for that then mate? Would I have to supply the UK Glass Headlights or could you supply, alter and despatch? They do look great, but still worried about the black on black car effect. ;)

i only charge £60 plus postage to do the work, but all parts must be supplied. The insides of the facelifts actually don't fit inside the uks, they have to be pretty well cut down.

OK Jon, but surely can't you spray the UK insides and they'll look like that anyway, or by adding the inside of a facelift are you cleverly removing the crap sidelights which wouldn't be the case if you just sprayed the UKs?

Does that mean I'd need to supply the UK lenses and J-spec Facelift insides?