The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tunnel run 24th Feb anyone

blitz supra

Anyone doing the tunnel run on 24th?

Below is info from Japgirls.co.uk

mail your name/ forum name club etc to

[email protected]

below is taken from their forum and is on most club forums now

few things have changed due to some problems encountered so all has been updated Saturday 24 Feburary meeting at the Ace Cafe at 5.00pm to leave in convoy at around 8-8:30pm (beats traffic).

JapGirls First Event Outing - London Tunnel Run 24th Feb '07, meet 5pm @ Ace Cafe!!!

Well, the last few months have been an interesting ride, ww.JapGirls.co.uk has gone from strength to strength spreading its arms all around the UK!

So in true JapGirl style we thought it best to stretch our legs a bit and arrange our first event being a London Tunnel Run in conjunction with the Break Through Cancer Charity.

The run looks to be a monster with a convoy of 150 to 200 vehicles expected and a variety of big clubs coming out to join us in the fun! We also have some magazine coverage expected on the night so remember to wash your cars first!!

The meet will begin at London's Ace Cafe on the North Circular from where you'll be issued with a map, not that us girls need them but we all know what men are like about asking directions From there we'll be moving onto an undisclosed re-driven route and making as much noise as we possibly can with a bit of fun and maybe stops along the way

Obviously we cannot condone stupid driving so consider yourself warned

As I said the route will have been driven before and the maps will be noted with the whereabouts of the "road safety cameras" for your own safety

Due to the concern of gatecrashers this is a ticket event with proceeds going to charity. Tickets are priced at £4 per car (Jap cars only) regardless of passengers and includes your ticket and map (map collectable on the night)

Some of you may be new to the idea of tunnel runs so what should you expect??

Expect a large quantity of high power, show level and modified road race cars making huge amounts of noise bouncing off their limiters in the aim to make the maximum amount of noise possible throughout the tunnels of London, expect to hear bangs, see huge flames, even maybe a bootside barbecue or two but mostly expect to be in a crowd of people totally involved and single minded in the Japanese tuning world.

Oh and fingers crossed we may even have a few pohotographers on scene too so make sure you're cars fully waxed and you're looking flash

I'm going along with my friend in his mr2 turbo my supra won't be out for this :( i'll see you there, what spec colour etc i'll be sure to say hi and have a chat :cool:

lol just looked at your pic (yes i'm a dumb arse)

Guest S13Girly

Please please please can you all take note that there is no pay on the night option as tickets have to be printed prior.

It has partially been kept this way to reduce the worry of gatecrashing, we want the night to go smoothly not be a massive un-ordered mess

What sort of numbers are we expecting from the mkiv supra club then??

Due to the concern of gatecrashers this is a ticket event with proceeds going to charity. Tickets are priced at £4 per car (Jap cars only) regardless of passengers and includes your ticket and map (map collectable on the night)

Tickets must be paid for prior to the event and registration numbers must be provided as ticket numbers will directly link to plate numbers and we will be checking. Tickets can be purchased through our paypal [email protected], bulk payment is fine too alongs you include all the reg numbers. Our Paypal is currently being verified as such please wait untill the earliest of the 3rd of Feb to send any monies.

Please please please can you all take note that there is no pay on the night option as tickets have to be printed prior.

It has partially been kept this way to reduce the worry of gatecrashing, we want the night to go smoothly not be a massive un-ordered mess

What sort of numbers are we expecting from the mkiv supra club then??

Hey Rach, welcome to the club, we might be able to start a list here and see who is going to make it ;) although I think Lui was talking about this while ago

Guest S13Girly

Hi hunni, thanks for the welcome ;)

I've notced you have the run on a couple of few threads now so thought I'd pop over quick and see what was going on and see if we could get a list going so I know what to expect :)

Never know I may be a permenant feature here once my S14 sells if I'm lucky !!

im going if any 1 from pompy area wants to join leaving tescos in north habour bout 330pm wit some other jappy stuff

Hi all,

I'm going also and am a ace cafe virgin. I was wondering if anyone from the swindon area or passing through on the m4 heading to the meet, would like to meet and follow if ok.

Looking forward to the reports of what this will be like. I envision total chaos and a lack of management. £4 to deter gatecrashers is a joke. How did they come up with that figure, how much of the £4 will actually go to the charity and how much will go for 'administrative purposes' or for the printing of maps.

Who is actually checking that ALL monies received will actually make it to the intended charity ?

Have the police been notified about this run as I think they will not be very keen on the whole idea of making as much noise as possible.

I'm up for going tonight, but as Gamer said if the whole thing is a total fiasco as I expect it will be...then I won't be haging around long....for those of you really serious about Tunnel Runs...there as big tunnel run this Sunday25th....from some where in East London to Mecedes World.....aprox 50 cars...if your interested PM me back or send me an email [email protected]os, TVRs, Ferrari etc :)