The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake Pads

nige

Hi guys,needing new brake pads for uk spec brakes,is it recomendable to change all round fronts and backs at the same time? I definately need fronts, been using standard toyota ones but kooking for something with a little more bite,just fitted goodrige hoses all round and upgraded the fluid to Motul RBF 600,

Traders feel free to plug your wares,thanks.

These CW pads sound interesting. I've got the bigger Jspec brakes and the bigger 6 pot jspec calipers, but my braking is surprisingly weak, compared to my other cars anyway. It im going fast fast, it has trouble stopping where I expect it to. Rekon these pads should do ?

These CW pads sound interesting. I've got the bigger Jspec brakes and the bigger 6 pot jspec calipers, but my braking is surprisingly weak, compared to my other cars anyway. It im going fast fast, it has trouble stopping where I expect it to. Rekon these pads should do ?

the biggest brakes that were an original option on the supra were the 4 pot fronts and 2 pot rears (usually referred to as UK spec brakes as these were standard on the UK cars).

If you have 6 pot brakes then they're certainly not original equipment. Are you certain they're 6 pots?

If you do have the larger 4 pot fronts then Chris' pads would certainly be a good investment, as well as the others mentioned as well (however the only ones i've experiences personally are Chris' so i'd go with his). I would also suggest some braided lines and fresh fluid.

think your right there, they are the factory upgrades ones, so perhaps its 4 pot, rather than 6 pot, I was thinking 4 pot and 6 pot, rather than 2 pot and 4 pot, so I got my pots a bit potty lol. Thats a lot of pot.

Its just had new fluid, but I'll look at braided lines.

Can I just order them mail order from him and get my local garage to fit em ?

think your right there, they are the factory upgrades ones, so perhaps its 4 pot, rather than 6 pot, I was thinking 4 pot and 6 pot, rather than 2 pot and 4 pot, so I got my pots a bit potty lol. Thats a lot of pot.

Its just had new fluid, but I'll look at braided lines.

Can I just order them mail order from him and get my local garage to fit em ?

lol.

yeah, it's fairly simple to do by all accounts so if you know you're mechanic and trust him then he should be able to manage it without any trouble at all.

nige i have endless pads on the j-spec brake set up and with a fluid change to dot 5.1 the diffrence was awsome totally diffrent brakes

id recommend to anyone

speek to gaz at envy he will sort you out

i even got mine in 2 days very prompt !

give him a call

alex