The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Quote

Glosphil

Ok im not going to name names or detail prices except the total. But taken your advice and contacted some suppliers on here and it seems the PHR kit is the way to go so far, still waiting on other quotes but I keep seeing this one.

PHR Stage 1 Kit

Power Enterprise 800cc Injectors

Fuel Pulsation dampener removal pipe

Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator with fitting kit

Walbro fuel pump

Front mount intercooler

HKS BOV (already got)

weld on flange

HKS Silent Hi-Power Exhaust

AEM ECU + Map Sensor + Air Temp Sensor

RPS Max Street Clutch

NGK Iridium plugs

Oil Cooler Kit

Greddt Profec B Spec 2 Boost Controller.

All that fitted for around 9k.

How does it sound ? would you change anything ? think it will make me smile ?

Its a large outlay (the cost of the car again) so need to get it right, first time.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will also need an HKS DLi (or similar) for the AEM.

Think about your long term goals, will the stage 1 be enough ? Stage 3 is only $500 more ;)

Whats a DLi ?

The stage 3 would probably make me dead though lol, but aparently the manifold is the same for all kits, so I can just get another turbo and stick it on for stage 2 or 3..

What kind of power you hoping for with all that?

Also, if you don't mind doing can you split the cost into just parts and labour? You don't have to disclose who's labour quote that is. ;)

Just wondering how much could be saved if this was a DIY job.

Labour is only about 1500 quid.

I think it will give around 600 horsy's or so :)

Cool - it will be a beast no doubt. The labour wasn't all that much in respect to the overall outlay, not bad at all.

Have you considered selling up and buying yourself a single already done? Surely you'd save at least £3k. Saying that though I know how easily you can get attached to a Supe.

Oh, get some pics up in you Garage so we can see your car! ;)

Cool - it will be a beast no doubt. The labour wasn't all that much in respect to the overall outlay, not bad at all.

Have you considered selling up and buying yourself a single already done? Surely you'd save at least £3k. Saying that though I know how easily you can get attached to a Supe.

Oh, get some pics up in you Garage so we can see your car! ;)

Its tempting, but you never know if its been done right, or if its been thrashed etc etc. Im the 1st uk owner of this virgin TT6 in Black, so I think I'll keep her :)

http://www.hksusa.com/products/more.asp?id=839

Nah, buy the stage 3 and keep the boost down til you're used to it, then when you want more power you don't have to buy a new turbo :)

Disagree with this. Going for a much larger turbo like the stage 3 will mean considerably later spool and more lag. A big turbo running low boost will be a MUCH slower street car than a small turbo running average boost.

If you want 1st hand experience of the difference, speak to Jamiep as he recently went from a Greddy T88 (around the same as the Phr stage 3), to a GT4088 (In between the PHR stage 1 and 2).

Disagree with this. Going for a much larger turbo like the stage 3 will mean considerably later spool and more lag. A big turbo running low boost will be a MUCH slower street car than a small turbo running average boost.

If you want 1st hand experience of the difference, speak to Jamiep as he recently went from a Greddy T88 (around the same as the Phr stage 3), to a GT4088 (In between the PHR stage 1 and 2).

Absolutely - be careful choosing the right stage to go for.

Stage 1 on a PHR is plenty for road/track use. - you loose traction in most gears....

You can run a stage 1 at about 1.8 bar! but maybe save that for a built engine.

Paul at whifbitz has run pretty much all the stages - give him a shout to get the lowdown ( if you already haven't! )

Looks about the right price.

I've done three or four quotations for people over the last few month's, and from stock a complete medium sized turbo kit is going to cost about £9k + fitting for a manual, £11k plus fitting for an auto.

It is possible to do it for cheaper, but that's the absolute minimum that I would want to put onto my car.

Disagree with this.

Fine, I'll live - but he does need to think about where he wants to get too ultimately.

Last time I spoke to Jamie he was still talking about changing the GT4088 for something bigger later in the year.

Yes I understand the trade-off between lag and total output and a stage 1/2 may be fine, but I do think you should think about your ultimate aim and work towards that.

And I'm not into big laggy turbos myself either, so this isn't about big bhp numbers - my single isn't that large.

Looks about the right price.

I've done three or four quotations for people over the last few month's, and from stock a complete medium sized turbo kit is going to cost about £9k + fitting for a manual, £11k plus fitting for an auto.

It is possible to do it for cheaper, but that's the absolute minimum that I would want to put onto my car.

Care to send me a copy of one of those quotes ? detailed ? for info ?

Thanks

One other thing to bear in mind is that the PHR1 in some ways is almost too good a small single because it's on-boost nearly all the time. Many times I've wished the boost came in a bit further up the rev range so I could cruise off-boost more easily (and cheaply)

I personally rate the TRD Diff as one of the best mods you can do. Whilst you're asking JamieP about his turbos, ask him about his diff. Jamie is a bloody nice bloke and he'll be open and honest. He recently had a failure with his TRD diff and now has a UK diff so can tell you what the difference is.