The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nice caged shell

Chris Wilson

Too dear, not bothering ;) Have a guess what the asking price is for the rolling shell with no engine, loom, transmission or ecu's?

bear in mind an engine and ecu will be 30 / 35K, a gearbox about 12k and fitting it probably another 6K

I reckon about £50k :scare:

It doesn't come with an engine at all by the looks of it, the engine bay is empty.

-Ian

Yeah, I guess thats what caged shell implies.. my excitement at the prospect of someone running a JGTC Supra got the better of my comprehension skills :D

I wonder what he'd put in it if he did pick it up.. maybe one of those nice racing V8s.. better not be a bloody RB26 ;)

I reckon about £50k :scare:

33.5 K. I think that's far too dear. It has no real use, other than as a museum piece, or for fun. I reckoned on 15k for the rolling shell max. 3 years ago I could have bought an ex Ellen Lohr DTM Mercedes, complete and a runner for 40K, and that was probably the ultimate touring car ever made. To make the Supra back up to original spec would make it stand around 87k, which is plainly madness, as it would never be worth that much. I was interested as I know where there's an original 503E engine, as it would have run.

Anyway, back to removing the engine and transaxle on my Toyota Zeus, just to change the oil pump and water pump belt. Think I'll put a cambelt on it whilst it's out :)

There are quite a few in the US, at least 2 over here. Utterly useless as anything other than a race engine though, and the Elecrtomotive ecu's are dinosaurs, an M800 is far better, so you need to look at a new loom and mapping. Turbo technology has come on a lot since then, but AAR were seeing 900 BHP in qulifying trim, so it wasn't a shabbly little 4 pot by any means.