The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No spark at plugs- is this SYMPTOMS significant???

ardasaliah

Some of you may have read that I am having problems with my car. No spark at any of the coils

Things I have tried- New ignitor- no differnce

-Check crank, and camshaft sensors of correct resistance -all fine.

No codes stored.

SOMETHING I REMEMBERD

JUst 2 day before the car died-when i went to fire her up the car would click. like when the batteries dead. BUt only once. almost like the starter motor was sticking. Then I would try again and it would fire up. Check the battery and its not that.

AN earth problem maybe. -tried jump leads from negative termanal to earth point but no luck

OOWW YE the battery contacts were also a bit lose- You could have wobbled them off?

Is the click significant?

What have you been doing with the car in the days leading up?? Removed or installed anything??

Try jumping the car with the jump leads but put the power straight into the connector in the fuse box. And put the earth somewhere on the Throttle boddy/manifold. Don't forget when you jump the car turn the lights on so as not to kill your ECU.