The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Query 470 bhp - Pics and Graphs,

Dragonlady

Just finished reading the last few pages of the 500 thread - didn't want to cause any hassel/ bitterness - we genuinely think that we are running standard turbos, etc.. but would appreciate your input from the pics below:

Engine Pics:

Thanks for your help - I will keep my dummy firmly in my mouth ;)

Rolling Road Day - September 06

Rolling Road after Apexi Neo fitted

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately, although the pics are pretty, they are next to useless!

We cant see anything from them, we need to see the tops of the injectors (around the first pic, but deeper under the inlet manifold) And the turbos themselves - a picture of the heat shield is no good im afraid!

The simple fact is that you may believe you have stock turbos, but if you do, theywont last long :p

Unfortunately, although the pics are pretty, they are next to useless!

We cant see anything from them, we need to see the tops of the injectors (around the first pic, but deeper under the inlet manifold) And the turbos themselves - a picture of the heat shield is no good im afraid!

The simple fact is that you may believe you have stock turbos, but if you do, theywont last long :p

Don't want to risk stripping the engine apart, or is there a simple way of telling the colour of the injectors? without to much dismantling.

Don't want to risk stripping the engine apart, or is there a simple way of telling the colour of the injectors? without to much dismantling.

Sure, you ought to be able to see the injector tops if you point the camera down the 'gap' between the manifold and engine....

And as for the turbos, only maybe one or 2 pipes need to be removed....

that second graph looks just wrong, what a huge drop off at no.1 to 2, and your produceing nearly 400 on the first turbo?! without a huge increase on 2?

heres mine, 410 on Hybrids:

I think, but am not sure, our graph (2nd) is showing the auto box changing from 2nd to 3rd. Where as the first graph and yours appear to be taken in 3rd only?

I think, but am not sure, our graph (2nd) is showing the auto box changing from 2nd to 3rd. Where as the first graph and yours appear to be taken in 3rd only?

no you wont dyno over two gears, third is the right gear for an auto, plus if that was true then you would still see another dip from when the second turbo kicks in

The pic unfortunatley don't show the injectors or the fpr (if you can, try and get one pointing down from above in between the intkae manifold and the engine block). The rest looks fairly standard (HKS BOV, what looks like a BC solenoid, and some serious earthing kit!)

The first graph looks exactly what you should see on a car running 1.1 bar, though the ibft figures are too high. Its looks like they have given you a calculated flywheel figure rather than a wheel figure (which is what the RR actually meaures). Its best to always work with wheel figures as there is no correction (read guess) factor involved. This is especially true for auto's.

That 2nd graph isn't right at all. If you compare the "Sept" plot on that to the one in the eariler pic its doesn't match up at all. It looks as though a uniform drag factor has been used across the range rather than ramping up.

It does show that they've leaned off the afr to get you the extra power.

no you wont dyno over two gears, third is the right gear for an auto, plus if that was true then you would still see another dip from when the second turbo kicks in

Matt, I've been dyno'd at Western before and they do dyno over two gears with an auto.

This not right I take it? I did wonder at the time why they didn't do it in just one gear.

Taking pics of the injectors is really straight forward, you need to lean a bit into the engine bay to get a clear shot.

PICS OF FPR AND INJECTORS HERE

ANOTHER GUIDE HERE

the 1st plot resembles a supra TT system (be it standard or hybrid)- that looks liks a sequential plot and it has nice curves :) ; albeit, I dont believe the numbers.

No idea why the 2nd one looks so different, its like the turbos have decided to go all mental :D

you need wheel HP / Torque numbers.........flywheel ones are useless.

Dyno'ing in 2 gears - I have NEVER heard of that before......