The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake Squeal - common occurance or a fault?

Sheefa

I'm getting quite a bit of brake squeal at the moment, have been over the last month anyway. I had new disks, CW pads and refurbed calipers fitted in August by Chris Wilson and have only covered about 2,000 miles since.

They stop fine, and the more pressure I apply the squealing seems to die out. Just wondered if it's the cold weather or cold startup or something else?

Not being paranoid as I know they work very well indeed, just wondered what the cause might be and what you can do to stop it bloody irritating the hell out of you! :)

Thanks,

Greg

Don't know Pete. Need to get the pressure hose on there just in case though. Haven't cleaned the car since my trip to Hecklers, but they were squeaking a little before.

Terawua - you're right about them being worth it. But they didn't squeal at the start when first fitted that's for sure. ;)

Chris, to be honest, it doesn't really bother me, only at times ;)

I wouldn't want to compromise on anything (I've done that in the past!) so I'll stick with the good setup I have thanks mate.

Thank you for clarifying though - that's all I wanted. Just want to make sure nothing is wrong............:)

Greg