The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Installing a Tranny Cooler - replacement hard to do?

Sheefa

Guys,

Bought a brilliant Transmission cooler from Steve (K14SUP) who got them from the USA. I already have one on from MKIVStore as a freebie which was nice :)

However, the new one is thicker and I'm guessing better. Chris Wilson made a fantastic custom bracket to fit the MKIV tranny cooler to my FMIC. Just wondered if I could do a straight swap easily?

Forgive my ignorance, but there's no 'fluid' in the pipes is there to cool, just air?

Confused!:rolleyes:

Thanks,:)

Greg

If youve got everthing ready and your quick, you can pull the pipes off the old and stick them on the new without loosing much fluid. I did this on mine.

Pull one off, connect up, wait for fluid to come through the other end of the cooler, then put the other pipe on the other end.

Other than that, i find mole grips are a winner.

HTH.

The fluid comes out very slowly, Greg. With the position of your cooler, you can just lift the pipes so the open ends are pointing up and almost mone should come out.

Thanks for your comments guys. Rich, lol, that does seem the most logical method! God I'm dim! Shouldn't be hard to mount the new ones in that case. Cheers ;)