The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Track Day @ Bedford Autodrome

Bobbeh

Hi peeps.. I'm contemplating doing another track day at Bedford Autodrome, on March 3rd. Its the GT circuit (3.5-4 miles) and is £159 for the full day. (Open Pit lane)

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/trackdays/event-details.asp?ProductID=2875

I was gonna take the gf and give her an 'experience' .. anyone else want to come along? :) I havent booked up myself yet, just thought I'd mention it to see if there was anyone else interested.

I know many of you are off to Donington on the 27th, but if you still have the 'track fever' after that it'd be good fun :)

Sorry mate, only having a larf:)

I've got some prep work to do on the Supra before taking it to the track, so later in the year for me.

Just booked for Donnington GP on the bike for 24th April though. Just needs fresh oil and a new rear tyre, both of which are in the garage waiting for me to overcome my Winter inertia.

Was that with the baffle?

I was gonna join you lot at Donny, but that weekends not possible for me sadly. I hope the weathers good for you and you have a lot of fun :)

Maybe later in the year, next one after this is gonna be brands tho.. I'm gonna try those a little close to home first :)

Wez, unfortunately I think its very likely we'd get black flagged as soon as the wastegate opens!

I know :(

Although I am now seriously considering having a new exhaust made which is quieter and has the wastegate fed back into the main pipe.

Unsilenced trackdays are few and far between :(

Oh well, I'll enjoy my lowly stock Supra TT ;) Kinda sad really isnt it, all this money spend on mods to go faster and you not being able to take it anywhere to use properly but for a few odd days.

There must be ways to get around it without compromising your power too much? Hi flow cats?

Donington seems to have a few days with no noise limit.. so let us know how it goes on the 27th and I might join you at the next one :)

Guest Skidracer

Sounds tempting.. I'm getting new tires anyway, so why not let the old firestones die a honourable death?

But how is it with insurance at these track days? I know my regular one doesn't cover trackdays...

I didn't bother with insurance there and none of the others I spoke to did either.

Thats the nice thing about the Bedford track, there's virutally nothing to hit. There's only 2 or 3 corners that have any tyre barriers but they're quite some distance from the track. Even so, you can always just slow down more for those corners ;)

The driver behaviour & attitude was superb on the day we did last year, no one was getting too close and people were careful to pull out of the way of the quicker cars (like our Supras :D )