The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My car got broken into, and now it needs parts. Advice?

Guest Skidracer

Guest Skidracer

I Live in swansea, Wales, and today I had a rather unplesant surprise, as someone has trashed my car. The dash needs replacing, as well as the main loom, and a few other parts. All in all, I need quite a few parts by now, so I need to go to a breakers yard. I see Jezzybabes has probably got a few parts, but it`s a bit far to go from here. Does anoyne know of a breakers yard closer to wales, or should I just go to jezzybabes for parts?

My shoppinglist so far is:

Dashboard

wiringloom

center console (only top)

Carpet (front)

surrounds for the steering column

Rear hatch gas struts

plastic thingy on rear wheel arch

maybe drivers seat, if I can find a mint one.

Looks quite bad... they even messed up my alarm.

And the whole things covered in blood... You can see it on glove box.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Skidracer

Bashed in the window, probably cut his hand when he broke of bits of the dash. I found the stereo surround (half of it) on the other side of the street, and I think they might have been in a hurry, judging from the damage. All the wires are snapped right off, the microwavesensor for the alarm is a bit unstable, and all panels on the dash are broken...

If I`m lucky, the wiring loom has just come out of the socket on the alarm, but I suspect I actually need a new one. All I`m sure of at the moment is that I`ve got quite a job to do to get it as nice as it was again....

I bet the thief is a bit dissapointed now, as the cd player was really old, and only read the jap fm band.... And he didn`t get the remote either, which you need to turn it on and of....

Thieving dogbummers. The parts should be available through the site here, there's a few people breaking cars in the for sale section (might have to go back a month or so in the posts)

If there is blood there may be a chance of the police catching the bummer then???

True dna and all that, problem is they will be too busy catching real criminals (motorists) going 4 mph over the speed limit

Sorry to see this :(

I hope you get it all sorted. I always joke with friends about how hard it is to get the stereo out of the Supe, and the mess you would leave if you didn't know how... I guess this is a real example of it :(:(

By the looks of things, it was just some nugget trying to fund a Class A habit and didn't have a clue. What a w*nker. Hopefully natural selection will have him down as a hemophiliac and he will crawl into some small hole and bleed to death. Scum!