The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebay . Cheap facelift TT on again

markjodrell

Just noticed this car has been relisted again.

Its had some past damage but how may 10 year old Supras.

out there havnt. Its had a full respray apparently so at least all the panels should match up.

I think thats quite cheap for a facelift car

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-TOYOTA-SUPRA-SILVER-TWIN-TURBO-AUTO_W0QQitemZ280081557760QQihZ018QQcategoryZ18290QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How do you know it was damaged? :search:

I noticed ages ago that the guy was selling the car and on a separate auction was selling 3 wheels, so I asked him if the car had had some damage due to one wheel missing from the other auction(shot in the dark) In the car auction he stated that it had just had 4 new alloys.

He confirmed that it had had some rear quarter damage and since had a full respray.

This car was discussed the last time it was on ebay, somebody said that it had actually been an insurance write off too.

Even so at that price it could be okay for somebody imho

Cant remember wether it was a C or D, but fairly sure it was a D. Was hit in the n/s/r quarter. I actually know the guy that bought it (the ebay seller). It is definately a genuine 74k car. The seats are pre facelift as the original seats got lost during the repair. The repair on this car is absolutely perfect! Bargain for someone.

So its an insurance write off, has only done 2k in 4 years :innocent: and has a tatty pair of seats in. Plus the seller is not declaring the true status of the car which I understand is a criminal offence.

The buy it now price is an absolute rip off, given a Cat C/D it can't be worth more than £4.5k

the problem is with the cat c/d thing is that if it was a 20k car its bad due to it must have had massive damage to write it off but many an old car can become a cat d though a dented wing and damaged bumper due to the full cost of repair.

I bet there are load of Supra around that would be cat d if the owners had gone through the insurance rather than getting there cars repaired themselves using second hand parts etc

the problem is with the cat c/d thing is that if it was a 20k car its bad due to it must have had massive damage to write it off but many an old car can become a cat d though a dented wing and damaged bumper due to the full cost of repair.

I bet there are load of Supra around that would be cat d if the owners had gone through the insurance rather than getting there cars repaired themselves using second hand parts etc

Yeah good point there.

The worry with this car is that he cannot shift it.When he had it on ages ago I bid on it (cant remember now how much) but it didnt get the reserve.He said if I was interested it was going in Auto Trader for around 7k as I remember.

Thats was literally months and months ago . Now its down to less than 5 1/2k

The cat d thing all comes down to the stigma that used to be attached with such cars, a bit like the badge on a Skoda (VW), people wont look past it........me included to my shame