The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this going to be expensive?

Flip

I have just changed the intercooler and I noticed a fair bit of oil build-up in and around the area, also noticed the same on the main turbo to wing pipe when I had that off. I get a puff of smoke on start-up, which disappears immediately, then all seems well. I don't notice clouds of smoke behind me, and I don't seem to be getting through lots of oil. Is this a sign of impending turbo doom?

I nearly have all the bits to go to BPU, but now I'm a bit worried about doing it!

i'm pretty sure thats nothing to worry about...........the breather system will mean oil mist is present in the intake side of the car and over 10+ years i think everything beign coated in a film is normal.............i will try and find an old thread or two with more reliable sources, that will make you feel better :)

That's ok then, thanks guys! I feel better now, thought I might be forking our for new tubbies!

Went out today and get her a thrash too, got brake fade after about 4 heavy stops! I think a UK brake upgrade is on the cards too, so that's another £500+ grumble grumble

That's ok then, thanks guys! I feel better now, thought I might be forking our for new tubbies!

Went out today and get her a thrash too, got brake fade after about 4 heavy stops! I think a UK brake upgrade is on the cards too, so that's another £500+ grumble grumble

Unless those stops were from 100mph each time then perhaps you should look for some beter pads and fluid. My little brakes lasted 3-4 laps of the monster 4 mile GT curcuit at Bedford Aerodrome and didn;t get one bit of fade. They were smoking a bit at the end though! (CW pads, good stock discs, braided lines and new 5.1 fluid)

They were heavy stops from around 80 I guess - I was enjoying myself! Still, I expected more, nearly didn't stop on roundabout - that made the heart beat fast! I really didn't expect the brakes to fade that quick. They didn't on my old car, and although that wasn't as quick it was as heavy and stopped much faster without any fade anywhere. Not saying what is was, coz you'll take the piss!

So, how much are the big CW's pads then? They might tide me over till I find the pennies for uk brakes (and wheels to fit, sigh)