The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA or TT?

Guest supraplease

Guest supraplease

hi always loved the supra and as im turning 25 this year and insurance quotes are now reasonable considering buyin a supra. What i want to know is the difference bewteen the NA and TT. Obviously id love a Twin Turbo but a NA may be more sensible for daily commuting. what sort of MPG do both engine do? whats the 0 - 60 times and how reliable are both engine? thanks for your help in advance.

Supra are reliable but exspensive to fix. If you are worried about MPG then buy another car, I think iirc 25mpg is the max you will get and thats a N/A.

and high running costs.

0-60 on a TT is 4.9-5.6 ish (4.9 is manual) and 6.7 ish iir for the N/A

Insurance is about the same for a TT and a N/A

The search button at the top is your friend use it and all will become clear. Have a good read through the buyers guide etc attends meets and so on.

:welcome:

The NA is a far superior car than the TT, it doesn't have all those expensive things that blow up, it has a power delivery thats there when you press the pedal, not 15 seconds later. It looks the same as a TT on the outside and can go as fast as a TT.

All in all for a reliable daily driver that isn't going to give you a good kicking if you make a mistake choose an NA :) Ya Boo Hiss to the TT boys

Well after up grading from an NA to a TT I would say TT 6speed for the win!! Had the second turbo online for the first time today (roads were dry yey!) and my god!!!

oooh, see u change ure avatar,

looks nice.

supra tt all the way, ure only end up trading her in for a tt after a couple of months or wish you had got the tt.

The NA is a far superior car than the TT, it doesn't have all those expensive things that blow up, it has a power delivery thats there when you press the pedal, not 15 seconds later. It looks the same as a TT on the outside and can go as fast as a TT.

All in all for a reliable daily driver that isn't going to give you a good kicking if you make a mistake choose an NA :) Ya Boo Hiss to the TT boys

all of the above :p

hi always loved the supra and as im turning 25 this year and insurance quotes are now reasonable considering buyin a supra. What i want to know is the difference bewteen the NA and TT. Obviously id love a Twin Turbo but a NA may be more sensible for daily commuting. what sort of MPG do both engine do? whats the 0 - 60 times and how reliable are both engine? thanks for your help in advance.

A lot will depend on your budget and whether you want an auto or a manual.

Once we know that, it is far easier to then recommend a suitable model ;)

for all the banter etc etc

YOU need to have a go in both..............an NA will be easy to get if you have colour / trans preferences over power ones, however TT's aren't unreliable or likely to cost you way more than NA's you just need to be more careful when you buy one IMO...........

like everyone has said its what you want out of a car.

when i got my NA after a few weeks i was thinking about a TT. this,looking back, was my ego thinking. saying to me i wanna be faster/quicker than mr bmn,merc,subaru etc.

dont dismay the fact that the NA is a cracking car to drive and still scares me sometimes or maybe its me scaring myself.

i weighed up the pros and the cons about up trading to a TT and came to the conclusion that the only difference is is that its faster and if speed is all id be wanting then even having the TT id no doubt be looking to get it tuned more. hell i dont even drive far enough to get the full potential out of my NA let alone TT.

the main attraction of the supra for me are the looks and that my friend is why im completely happy with my NA.

Where in Worcs are you? I've a mate nearby with an NA and I have a TT; we could arrange a couple of passenger rides so you'll know you want a TT. ;) Seriously, both are exellent, so as others have said, it depends what you want from it. I'm glad I stretched to the TT as personally I'd have been kicking myself if I'd got an NA but knowing there was a faster version readily available if I'd have just saved a bit more/waited a bit longer, as I'm into the out-and-out power & speed of the turbo'd variant. I'm trying not to mod mine as I know I'll just want more and more power, which will cost £££s, lol.

Loads of owners in the area who will happily show you round their cars and let you know the score WRT running costs etc.

What do you drive currently?

I think you're all going to be looking pretty silly if he turns round and tells you he has a budget of 3k! :D

That would just mean he has to travel. I'm sure he could pick up a facelift manual TT if he was willing to travel to Hungary / Amsterdam etc...... there are some real bargains there at the moment. :D

like everyone has said its what you want out of a car.

when i got my NA after a few weeks i was thinking about a TT. this,looking back, was my ego thinking. saying to me i wanna be faster/quicker than mr bmn,merc,subaru etc.

dont dismay the fact that the NA is a cracking car to drive and still scares me sometimes or maybe its me scaring myself.

i weighed up the pros and the cons about up trading to a TT and came to the conclusion that the only difference is is that its faster and if speed is all id be wanting then even having the TT id no doubt be looking to get it tuned more. hell i dont even drive far enough to get the full potential out of my NA let alone TT.

the main attraction of the supra for me are the looks and that my friend is why im completely happy with my NA.

Give that man a Cigar you read my mind, i have been thinking about TT's/NA-T recently, then i realised i do about 10 - 15 miles a day lol and most of thats in traffic, and if we go away at the weekend i still love driving my N/A:)

Guest supraplease
Where in Worcs are you? I've a mate nearby with an NA and I have a TT; we could arrange a couple of passenger rides so you'll know you want a TT. ;) Seriously, both are exellent, so as others have said, it depends what you want from it. I'm glad I stretched to the TT as personally I'd have been kicking myself if I'd got an NA but knowing there was a faster version readily available if I'd have just saved a bit more/waited a bit longer, as I'm into the out-and-out power & speed of the turbo'd variant. I'm trying not to mod mine as I know I'll just want more and more power, which will cost £££s, lol.

Loads of owners in the area who will happily show you round their cars and let you know the score WRT running costs etc.

What do you drive currently?

hi, i live in stourport just outside worcs. but im always in worcs as i go to uni their. currently drive a UK mr2 NA, its my second one now, theyre good cars but gettin bored and not much power really. worked out im getting about 28mpg so it shouldnt be too bad changing to a supra.

Guest supraplease
I think you're all going to be looking pretty silly if he turns round and tells you he has a budget of 3k! :D

lol budget is ideally 6k but can stretch to 7k when my student loan comes through! lol. after a manual although i know these are difficult to come by!