The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Valve lift @ TDC ?

Gamer

Hi Joe

Just FYI, you don't actually measure valve lift with reference to TDC.

TDC describes when the piston is at the very top of its stroke and has no bearing on the amount of valve opening which is, as I'm sure you know, governed by the camshaft.

Oversize valves have no mechanical effect on timing, but "may" have an effect on the optimum valve and ignition timing settings for a particular engine.

HTH

Ive been having real problems with HKS uk giving me cam specs so good luck with them. I emailed HKS direct and they said go ask the person who fitted them initially! Unfortunately HKS dealers dont have that information to hand as its usually written on the box and not in catalogues.

Ok, thanks, just trying to get some info to make sure my cams are set up correctly as I am still having some high egt issues.

While I had the car on the RR, I was observing the manifold and runner no 2 and 5 seemed to be getting cherry red about 1-2 seconds before the rest of the runners. I was asked to find out the HKS specs for the valve lift at TDC.

Could the high egt's be caused by a bad valve or maybe a valve guide or something else is worn ?