500 bhp ,how much £

pete.w

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

need you experts to give me a ruf idea of how many £££ im going to need to upgrade me sup from standard auto jap spec too 500 bhp .is there a list of what im needing ?

Great question, I've wanted to know the same thing. Noone really seems to give a straight, here it is, here's how much, here's who will do it.

Doesnt sound like its quite as easy as all that.

You wont get 500 bhp off your jap twins, nor uk spec.

so your looking at a small single, big bucks mate.

450 is achievable on your twins though, for about £1500

You could put it up to 450 and then by a NOS kit to hit 500. A 50bhp shot would be fine for the engine and means that you can drive the car at a comfortable 450bhp and have the extra bit there when needed.

You could put it up to 450 and then by a NOS kit to hit 500. A 50bhp shot would be fine for the engine and means that you can drive the car at a comfortable 450bhp and have the extra bit there when needed.

hmmm that's an interesting thought,

but what does NoS do to insurance premiums and is it safe?

how much would 50bhp nos cost as a setup then?

For a reliable 500BHP you can go hybrids or Single (Single more expensive, but has a much greater scope)

Single spec (Bare minimum)

1 T61

2 650cc injectors (Some would say 550's are fine, but in top gear at 1.4Bar i wonder what the fuel duty would be)

3 Emanage Blue (Control the injectors and a few tweeks)

4 New SMIC or FMIC

5 Fuelling (FPR, Pump etc)

6 High Stall Torque convereter.

With the auto's you are limited not my then engine but by the Auto box on how much BHP you can go for and that's another can of worms.

For a reliable 500BHP you can go hybrids or Single (Single more expensive, but has a much greater scope)

Single spec (Bare minimum)

1 T61

2 650cc injectors (Some would say 550's are fine, but in top gear at 1.4Bar i wonder what the fuel duty would be)

3 Emanage Blue (Control the injectors and a few tweeks)

4 New SMIC or FMIC

5 Fuelling (FPR, Pump etc)

6 High Stall Torque convereter.

With the auto's you are limited not my then engine but by the Auto box on how much BHP you can go for and that's another can of worms.

Well said, that assuming he has an exhaust already. Dont be fooled into think T61 means just the turbo - lots of other bit too :) T61 Kit should sufice.

I think its safe to say u are talking a minimum of £2500-£3500... Do it once, Do it right! dont cut corners

For all that ? thats peanuts ! If I can go single for 2500-3500 I'll do it tomorrow.

I've been quoted different figures ranging from that to 20k.

Does anyone know a real definitive, here's what you need, and he's what it costs that is actually reliable ?

so many different opinions, but what really works, and what does it cost. So smart answers like sell up and buy another. If you dont know, dont reply. :)

I wouldn't think you could go from stock to single for £3500.

Going BPU will cost you around £800 and then going single another £4k I reckon.

Isn't Micahel Lane doing a single for someone one on here for £3000 all in? He's doing it for nothing though, ie not charging for his labour.

Boost Logic Stage 1 Turbo Kit for 1993-98 Supra TT - 57, 58, or 61mm Turbo

Part # BL TK MK4TT 57-61

Boost Logic Turbo Kits are well known as some of the best bang-for-buck kits on the market. Unlike some of the Supra-specific turbo kit manufacturers, the Boost Logic kits bolt right on. We simply refuse to carry the lower quality kits that don't fit properly, making your decision on which turbo kit is right for you even easier. If you are looking for a very affordable kit that doesn't sacrifice fitment and tons of quality just to be cheap then look no further.

This kit includes:

SUS321 Tig Welded Tubular Header

HKS 50mm SS Wastegate

3" Stainless Steel 304 Downpipe

3" Stainless Steel 304 Midpipe

4” Aluminum Intake Pipe with Anti-Heat Coating

2 1/2" Aluminum Intercooler Pipe with Anti-Heat Coating

Braided Oil feed and Return Kit with Aeroquip fittings and Lines

4" AEM Dry Flow Air Filter

K&N Breathers

High Quality Silicone Connecters

Clamps and Miscellaneous items

Installation Instructions

Please choose the size of turbo you want by clicking on More Info.

Your Price $3,699.00

Now thats from mvp motorsports, thats £1900 for the full kit, then u need injectors and ecu piggyback or full, so id imagine for the full thing fitted u are talking about £3500 max!?

Ok here goes.

Please take everything written below with a pinch of salt as my knowledge is rubbish.

All figure very approx

T61 kit (with tubular manifold) £2500

AEM or Emanage Ultimate: £1000 or £500

FMIC - £500 - £1500

Poss new rad - £500

Fuel setup - £1000 (injectors, fuel rail, braided lines, pumps, FPR)

Exhaust - £500 - £1000

New wheels as stock are not wide enough for 500rwhp - £1000 - £3000

Fitting for above i suppose approx £1000 - £2500

Mapping £300 - £1000

Manual conversion approx £3000

New clutch £1000

RLTC (optional obviously) £800

Bigger brakes £1000 - 3000

I suppose i have missed lots and i will be shot down with my figures but im under the impression that you keep asking for someone to do what i have done above and no one will ???

Ok here goes.

Please take everything written below with a pinch of salt as my knowledge is rubbish.

All figure very approx

FMIC - £500 - £1500

Poss new rad - £500

Exhaust - £500 - £1000

New wheels as stock are not wide enough for 500rwhp - £1000 - £3000

Mapping £300 - £1000

Manual conversion approx £3000

New clutch £1000

Bigger brakes £1000 - 3000

I suppose i have missed lots and i will be shot down with my figures but im under the impression that you keep asking for someone to do what i have done above and no one will ???

That sounds more like it, now we're getting somewhere, I dont know about the owner of this thread, but due to already having I should only need the following from your list.

FMIC - £500 - £1500

Mapping £300 - £1000

New clutch £1000

That works out for me to be about 8k... Is that what others have paid ? Is that going to be reliable and who can do it... Traders feel free to step in saying "I can" and "I'll do it for this" etc lol

Boost Logic Stage 1 Turbo Kit for 1993-98 Supra TT - 57, 58, or 61mm Turbo

Part # BL TK MK4TT 57-61

Boost Logic Turbo Kits are well known as some of the best bang-for-buck kits on the market. Unlike some of the Supra-specific turbo kit manufacturers, the Boost Logic kits bolt right on. We simply refuse to carry the lower quality kits that don't fit properly, making your decision on which turbo kit is right for you even easier. If you are looking for a very affordable kit that doesn't sacrifice fitment and tons of quality just to be cheap then look no further.

This kit includes:

SUS321 Tig Welded Tubular Header

HKS 50mm SS Wastegate

3" Stainless Steel 304 Downpipe

3" Stainless Steel 304 Midpipe

4” Aluminum Intake Pipe with Anti-Heat Coating

2 1/2" Aluminum Intercooler Pipe with Anti-Heat Coating

Braided Oil feed and Return Kit with Aeroquip fittings and Lines

4" AEM Dry Flow Air Filter

K&N Breathers

High Quality Silicone Connecters

Clamps and Miscellaneous items

Installation Instructions

Please choose the size of turbo you want by clicking on More Info.

Your Price $3,699.00

Now thats from mvp motorsports, thats £1900 for the full kit, then u need injectors and ecu piggyback or full, so id imagine for the full thing fitted u are talking about £3500 max!?

Ok thats a good price, but some things missing i think. Does anyone know what these are l like ? sure the people selling say its good, but real world, is it ?

That works out for me to be about 8k... Is that what others have paid ? Is that going to be reliable and who can do it... Traders feel free to step in saying "I can" and "I'll do it for this" etc lol

It all depends on your engine - some have been fine (most) some have not. Poor roberts went at mapping.

Most traders will be fine to do it - turbofit, pheonix in watford, whifbitz etc. Just have a ring round

Ok thats a good price, but some things missing i think. Does anyone know what these are l like ? sure the people selling say its good, but real world, is it ?

Good bit of kit - most are very happy with it (i havent had a chance to use it properly. Will let you know when my engine is rebuilt. Generally people agree that a high stall or manual conversion is necessary

Pig's got those prices pretty much spot on (Except the part about stock wheels not being wide enough is a load of bollocks ;) ).

£6k min going from a stock car to a proper single.

Interesting you say that about the stock wheels....info i have been told. Seeing as alloys and tires are so cheap, lol i may find out if its bollocks or not. Care to expand though?