The mkiv Supra Owners Club

De-Cat on N/A

egrossi

Could you guys help,

Not sure which way to go :search: I've got the box but the rest of the exhaust is under JASMA (JAP noise restriction):eyebrows: . Might go with a new pipe from cat to back box or do I go all the way (full de-cat) reason for asking would love to know what the difference in sound is like from cat back to a full de-cat :innocent:

This question is being asked only for noise reasons as quite where I live and she is started at 5am in the mornings and worried I might be waking the whole street up [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

Supra 11.jpg

Supra 12.jpg

I got a N/A with a HKS supper dragger cat back and at certain rev ranges it is LOUD , But i'm also wanting to at least remove the second cat but don't want it to be any louder .

If i'm honest i'd like it abit quiter so i was toying with the idea of having a second de-cat pipe but chopping it and welding in a small slim silencer ( obviously get someone like powerflow do do this )

Fully decatted NA's with after market exhausts are very, very loud. Consider the fact the NA idles very high on a cold start - you'll end up with very grumpy neightbours if you keep starting her up at 5am!

Faye, did you fully decat yours or leave one cat in?

Guest carlsupra

i have just had both the cats taken out of mine and is is a conciderable amount louder. however have noticed a difference in performance, a lot more reponsive.

i do have one or two grumpy neighbours thuogh.

I went straight from catback exhaust to double decat and noticed a good improvement in performance, the car seemed to pull better. Nothing like a TT in terms of gain for mod but worth doing none the less.

When it comes to MOTs, yes same problem with emissions and a further one, mine failed for being too loud, and that was with one cat in. Took it to another station and no problem, so thats just down to a pernickety tester as its a discretionary fail.

I went straight from catback exhaust to double decat and noticed a good improvement in performance, the car seemed to pull better. Nothing like a TT in terms of gain for mod but worth doing none the less.

When it comes to MOTs, yes same problem with emissions and a further one, mine failed for being too loud, and that was with one cat in. Took it to another station and no problem, so thats just down to a pernickety tester as its a discretionary fail.

Thanks Faye ;)

I have acquired an NA and was thinking of keeping it as mine for a while hence the questions. TBH, I am not after the blistering pace anymore (been there done that eh? :D ) but still want the looks.

Well many thanks to Max Headroom spoke to him last night and will be going to take one cat out as thats the sound I'm after.

As full de-cat will be to loud and could do without grumpy neighbours at 5am when she starts roaring.

Many

Thanks

Chaps

Big shout to Max, Diamond geezer.