The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gregsupra's Twin GT45 install

gregsupra4

That is the word I must now use every day for the next 12 weeks whilst we try to work out how the F**K and why the F**K did we ever decide to go down the twin GT45s and TH400 route on my car.

Jamie P and Joe (Gamer) kindly went over to St Neots with Sam to collect the fully rebuilt Race box yesterday and my god it is a Monster (All encased in a Deadenbear case with 7inch ally race sump)

I did not realise that most of the tunnel will have to be removed to just fit the thing and just where we are going to mount the B&M Pro Shifter god only knows.

So now we have the turbo manifold plans and stuart is going to start fabricating it next week, I will post up piscs of the build.

Both GT45s are on site and the cold sides will be away for polishing on Monday.

The block, crank, head, pistons and rods are all off to the engineers on monday and should be back within a week for the engine build, we are using +40 Aries Pistons and Eagle High beam rods with ARP rod bolts, the main caps are going to be pinned and braced (A trick from my old V8 day's) and new water pump and oil pump plus remote oil cooler.

The head features 2mm oversized intake valves and is completly ported and polished with HKS 272 cams on both intake and exhaust, as you might imagine we will be using uprated springs,collets and seats.

ARP head bolts and a HKS 2mm HG will also be going on.

We will be using custom solid engine and gearbox mounts and the whole back axle will also be remounted using solid bushes plus we are adding extra tie bars to the back subframe.

The rollcage will be extended to tie in the rear and front subframes.

The car will also be completly re-wired to remove around 70% of the standard looms.

A new fuel system will also be fabricated to comply with this years new rules.

Plus much to Sam's disgust the car will also feature a full respray in a colour she does not like including body mods.

So now you can see why I am going to be saying BOLLOCKS every day until The first meet in May ( If we make it)

I will be posting a full blow by blow report and pictures of the build including video ( It will be X rated due the the swearing no doubt)

Watch this space:d

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW that sounds amazing! Look forward to seeing the pictures! What sort of power will you be looking for?

To be really honest whilst we have a BHP and Torque figure in mind I think it best to wait until it goes on the Dyno, mind you it better be more than the 853bhp and 700 ft lb torque than the old engine made or there will be a bonfire outside the workshop:d

Its gonna be awesome and i want first ride round the trading estate:D any spray job will be better than the donkey on the door:D good luck with it all.

Good luck Greg, looking forward to the results.

Now that you mention it Jamie it did look a bit like this... :D

donkey.jpg

That is the word I must now use every day for the next 12 weeks whilst we try to work out how the F**K and why the F**K did we ever decide to go down the twin GT45s and TH400 route on my car.

Well, here's a 'bollocks' in sympathy for all the grief that you're inevitably going to incur when fitting the kit.

Sounds like a right stonking project though;)

:wooohoo: :urock: jesus christ is all i can say ... and ....................................................................................................... i can't bloody wait for this :cool: