The mkiv Supra Owners Club

uk or jap

liam1

? Preferences? As in what, you have some or you want use to tell you some? Question seems unclear mate but have a search.

UK Supra: - Includes UK Brakes, Stronger Steel Turbos, Larger Alloys, Bigger Injectors, Leather Interior etc

J-Spec: - Faster spooling but ceramic turbos, optional leaher/cloth interior, smaller injectors and alloys.

However, there's no real performance differentiation between them. You'll get a lower ileage Jap import for cheaer mate than a UK thought. Insurance may be higher though.

You might need to rephrase to 'Pre or Facelift'. :)

uk if you want to modify it to bpu level. The fuel pump is better, injectors are bigger, and the turbos are stronger. It'll be more reliable at bpu level than a jap spec would.

You'll struggle finding a low milage uk spec though, althoug if its been looked after, milage isnt really an issue, mines got 130k and im going single.

jap spec owners will say jap spec, and vice versa.. so make your own mind up ;)

Jap for me

.................as a UK car has experienced 10-years of shit weather conditions and road salt;)

Same here Mas. It came to UK in 2003 and its not been out in any bad weather apart from sun.;)

(The sun is bad weather for red cars so perhaps that's the reason why I never use it mate:()

Same here Mas. It came to UK in 2003 and its not been out in any bad weather apart from sun.;)

(The sun is bad weather for red cars so perhaps that's the reason why I never use it mate:()

:D still is respectful to see you dont drive the sup in rain and bad weather :respekt:

I was the same with my MR2 in the past, not sure if Im doing the right thing though, unless you dont want to sell the car ever ;) as no point we take care of them and someone else have them and still dont appratiate what they got :innocent:

:D still is respectful to see you dont drive the sup in rain and bad weather :respekt:

I was the same with my MR2 in the past, not sure if Im doing the right thing though, unless you dont want to sell the car ever ;) as no point we take care of them and someone else have them and still dont appratiate what they got :innocent:

Got a good point there mate;)

Jap for me

.................as a UK car has experienced 10-years of shit weather conditions and road salt;)

ahh, but our uk specs are undersealed, unlike your jap specs :p

Mine looks fine underneath after all that 'shit weather and road salt' ;)

i do love a bit'a banter :D

ahh, but our uk specs are undersealed, unlike your jap specs :p

Most jap specs I've seen are undersealed, mine certainly was - I booked in into a bodywork place just after buying to get it done. They called me later in the day asking why I'd bothered as it had been done from the factory.

Most jap specs I've seen are undersealed, mine certainly was - I booked in into a bodywork place just after buying to get it done. They called me later in the day asking why I'd bothered as it had been done from the factory.

Oh right, guess this must have been done by the owner who bought the car in japan then? as i dont think it was an optional extra was it?

off topic ... is that 350bhp with your new single conversion mate? seems a bit low :(

;) Me too.

I've done 7-miles in my Supra so far this year. (There and back to Twisted Vision and 'there' again where it remains for more pampering and external work):(

Thats 7more than me, infact, my supra has been sorn a year at the end of this month :( although theres nowt wrong with it, ive taken a lil while buying all my single bits and then fitting them. Few more weeks and it'll be back tearing up the tarmac :D just in time for the decent weather to arrive hopefully ..