The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sandwich plate

craig l

hey guys anyone know who supplys sandwich plates tryed a couple of places and no luck so far been told by chris wilson to get a lexus one do toyota supply them are they all the same size ive got a cheap raid oil temp gauge to fit so will any make of gauge fit into it cheers

None in stock until 18th Feb though. I'm waiting for mine , he said they would be in 10th Feb and got offered a refund if I didn't want to wait.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Anodised-Oil-Temp-Adaptor-Sandwich-Plate-Toyota_W0QQitemZ220080709886QQihZ012QQcategoryZ122140QQcmdZViewItem

There's loads of places that sell them if you search on google but I'm not 100% sure of the size neeeded.

None in stock until 18th Feb though. I'm waiting for mine , he said they would be in 10th Feb and got offered a refund if I didn't want to wait.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Anodised-Oil-Temp-Adaptor-Sandwich-Plate-Toyota_W0QQitemZ220080709886QQihZ012QQcategoryZ122140QQcmdZViewItem

There's loads of places that sell them if you search on google but I'm not 100% sure of the size neeeded.

I bought a sensor housing to fit in the top hose off these people. Quick delivery, good part, no prob's. Still undecided on the sanwich plate for the oil sensors though.

hey guys anyone know who supplys sandwich plates tryed a couple of places and no luck so far been told by chris wilson to get a lexus one do toyota supply them are they all the same size ive got a cheap raid oil temp gauge to fit so will any make of gauge fit into it cheers

Greedy makes a nice one just had mine fitted last week but brought mine of MKiv Store now seems no longer to exist & was only about £55.

I am sure any other Greedy supplier will be able to get hold of on though great piece of kit too.

Something i was thinking about doing on my rebuild and never did. Taken from SF.

There are several places to tap your oil pressure, the simplest being the union bolt. If your car is a 98 then you already have a port, if not buy a 98' union bolt and swap yours out. If you don't know what a union bolt is then let me know and Ill shoot you a picture.........

Pics of the oil pressure sending unit mounted to a 98 style union bolt? Sure.. here they are.

The bolt that holds the oil cooler/filter housing is called the union bolt. The early year Supra's are just a solid bolt, but the 98' year union bolt has a pre tapped port for the factory oil pressure dummy light.

Yes, I've seen this on SF also. Solves the pressure side of things nicely. Not sure it helps with the temp sensor though?:)

Well the postion is after the block but before the filter, about 6/7inches from were you guys want to put the sensor using a sandwich plate. TBH i wont argue over 1/2 a degree :) Plus the union bolt will be cheaper than the plate too.