The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ECU Reset

Guest EncoreWRC

Guest EncoreWRC

Can anyone tell me how to do an ECU reset.

I tried fitting an Fcon Pro today but the mapping of it wont allow mine to run so will need a remap. My problem is that I have now reconnected by stock ECU and I have the engine management light up and the car wont starts - turns over and thats about it.

On a ford, we would just disconnect the battery for a while and that clears the ecu. Are supra's the same or will I need technical help?

Cheers

Guest EncoreWRC

Tried all this guys and not had any luck.

Tried the fuse trick and the disconnect the -ve but nothing has worked. I left it for about an hour. Even totally disconnected the battery for a while.

Now scratching my head.......

Guest EncoreWRC
Is it sparking?

Is fuel getting through?

Is the alarm/immobiliser turned off?

Any stored error codes?

its ticking over like it wants to start, fuels getting through, alarm etc is off..error codes??? don't have anything to ledt me know about error codes

ian

Guest EncoreWRC

I went out thisorning and double checked everything as I was working in the dark when putting it all back together. The ECU lom fitting was not on 100% tight and the nut took about another 3 - 4 turns. It now works fine - cheers everyone - you were all spot on with everything.

Thanks