The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why did I bring the Supra to work today?

Pete

I must be off my head.

It's been snowing heavily all afternoon, the roads haven't been gritted since yesterday and the local paper http://www.shropshirestar.co.uk is reporting major slow downs everywhere.

Why did I bring the Supra? :rolleyes:

One of two things are going to happen.

1) I'll get home after several hours and getting stuck several times.

2) I'll drive into the nearest vehicle.

I've sent the long distant people home, one called back half hour later to say he was 5 mins up the road.

:(

Drop the tyre pressures down to 20psi for traction?? Drive everywhere at idle???

Or just give up and spend the night at work ;) Cue the works party!!

Few years ago aircon caught me of guard, it kicked in and the revs when up the back end went out all at 15 mph

Got back. Eventually. 20 min drive turned into 90 mins. Idled 10/15mph all the way.

I'm sure the SNOW button was some use. The light on the dash board was a little reassuring anyway.

My God, I didn't realise how poor the roads are. At that speed I could feel every bump!

Then another hour trying to get the feckin' thing off the road and onto the sloped drive. I had neighbours coming out to help push "DON'T PUSH THE SPOILER!!" I was shouting :)

The car was in neutral and wheels just slowly rotating as I wiggled the backend to find a traction spot.

Eventually got it 3/4 way onto the drive, but at least it's safer. Vicki got home early so managed to secure the road outside the house.

Time to crack open a beer, or several.

I have driven in worse conditions in the soop and been fine.

Ah, you think you've had it hard? Oh yes... I remember when it snowed so hard I had to dig my way out of work before I even got to the Supra. Then I had to use a teaspoon to move all the snow out of the way in front of the car for 10 miles before I got home.

When I got home it was morning so I had time to eat some Shredded Wheat and drive dig my way back with the spoon a different way just for the challenge.

;)

It's grim up high here! Nearly had to to abandon Jo's car:( But then I suddenly had the strength of ten men and first pushed a taxi up the hill then went back to push Jo's all the way home!!!

Felt like a giant :D Until it came to pushing it onto the drive and the car skidded quickly towards the parked up Supra :blink: Jo caught it in time luckily and decided reverse and try again to park it on the spare drive next door. That didn't work so it's dumped outside :D

I then collapsed towards the fridge for a beer with chest pains :rolleyes:

same here

shrewsbury was at a standstill (not far from you pete)

i work in town so tonight 10 mins turned into 1 hour and a half

i hardly touched the right foot to the pedal, slippin about at times

had to just let her crawl home on her own

god i was glad to get home

wont be doing that again

im sticking to the grand vitara from now on while its like this anyway.

I'm feelin' your pain. Didn't know you were local. (or Maybe I did and just forgot)

To be honest I wasn't that bothered about the time. I just stuck on some nice tunes and chilled. It was nice to listen to some music without the noise of the RS*R GT2

I really must get around to fitting that sound deadening stuff I bought two years ago.