The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra VVTi Upgrade

islandsupra

Hi,

A year back, I bought a 98 VVTi J-Spec, have added an HKS SSQv, Blitz exhaust and downpipe to it since purchasing. Whilst the power is alot, don't think it cuts it for me anymore

I am looking to upgrade to about 500-550 crank hp now and looking for advise on the best way to get there.

I am doubting that I will ever want to go above these power levels. I would like to keep the car as responsive as possible from low RPMs

In your minds, what is the bet way to get there?

Singl turbo... or upgrade to steel bladed UK or US spec turbos?

What ECU? Standalone or Piggyback?

Any advice you would be able to give will be greatly appreciated

D

Hi,

A year back, I bought a 98 VVTi J-Spec, have added an HKS SSQv, Blitz exhaust and downpipe to it since purchasing. Whilst the power is alot, don't think it cuts it for me anymore

I am looking to upgrade to about 500-550 crank hp now and looking for advise on the best way to get there.

I am doubting that I will ever want to go above these power levels. I would like to keep the car as responsive as possible from low RPMs

In your minds, what is the bet way to get there?

Singl turbo... or upgrade to steel bladed UK or US spec turbos?

What ECU? Standalone or Piggyback?

Any advice you would be able to give will be greatly appreciated

D

T4 GT35R Turbo.

with 650cc injectors

eManage Ultimate for a piggyback OR

MoTeC M800 Standalone OR

HKS Fcon V Pro Standalone,

The easiest thing would be to get a standalone running the fueling and ignition and let the stock ECU take care of the rest.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks alex .... just because of my budget, the eManage Ultimate seems like the best option amost the ECUs ... are there any downsides to using it?

Thinking I'm gonna take the car up to 1.2 bar and will see how that feels. If i am still not satisfied, will go with the single setup. Been looking for boost controllers and I actually found the one I like most is the greddy profec e-01 which can be used as an e-manage programmer also , has anyone used this? ... any advice?

THanks

I have same question lol

i have a vvti 98' jspec

my spec : HKS SSQv, Blitz exhaust and downpipe,hks air kit,fuel cutt controller and greedy boost controller

i' running 1.2 bar

if i take:

two turbo euro

6 injector 550cc

i' running 1.2 bar to

a apex'i safcII and aem afr : for the adjustments

I will have how much horse power ?

thanks

I have same question lol

i have a vvti 98' jspec

my spec : HKS SSQv, Blitz exhaust and downpipe,hks air kit,fuel cutt controller and greedy boost controller

i' running 1.2 bar

if i take:

two turbo euro

6 injector 550cc

i' running 1.2 bar to

a apex'i safcII and aem afr : for the adjustments

I will have how much horse power ?

thanks

I wouldn't bother with the Euro spec turbo's, you won't gain a lot for the hassle. However a hybridised pair of stock turbo's might be worth it. They are the same externally as the stock turbo's but feature larger compressor and turbine wheels.

The 550cc injectors will allow you to get close to 550HP with the right turbo's but in reality a small single turbo is required to achieve the power as even the hybrid OEM turbos arn't capable of flowing that much air.

I wouldn't bother with the Euro spec turbo's, you won't gain a lot for the hassle. However a hybridised pair of stock turbo's might be worth it. They are the same externally as the stock turbo's but feature larger compressor and turbine wheels.

The 550cc injectors will allow you to get close to 550HP with the right turbo's but in reality a small single turbo is required to achieve the power as even the hybrid OEM turbos arn't capable of flowing that much air.

thanks alex ;)