The mkiv Supra Owners Club

yo soon to be soop newbie

Guest turbolad

Guest turbolad

Hiya guys n girls,

Loving the forum...

Just sold my Astra Coupe Turbo...

Currently driving a Daihatsu Yrv 1.3 turbo

Now looking to sell that and get an NA supra...

Ive loved these cars ever since my bro had a pimped mk3 Turbo when i was younger...

Anyways went to looks at 3 today in an import garage...

I didnt like the looks when i looked under the bonnet so i walked away..also tey couldnt give me one bit of history:rolleyes: :tongue:

Whats the score with these imports...some seem too good to be true price wise...Is there anyway to check history of them...

Im looking for as standard as one as possible and HAS to be manual.;)

Do you think my budget of 5k- Is asking a little much.....

Guest turbolad
I'd buy (or at least look) privately too.........

Yeah i do prefer to buy privately...

Id rather buy a car that needs a bit of love i.e big service or a bit of bodywork rather than taking someones word that its been done bcoz id do it anyway.

I think finding a semi unmolested NA will be easier than finding a semi unmolested TT.

Plus if I got a TT - the tuning would go too far:eyebrows:

I'll keep my eyes peeled...

Guest turbolad
Weird i was jst gonna say there is two in there, what are they like? Always found there cars to be alright bodywork wise but not sure on mechanical side, guess they wernt too pretty?

yeah theres 3... the body work does look ok...but under the bonnet it looks like they have had new wings and there are bolts missing...Also there are dodgy wires here and there aswell which put me off a bit.

I think you would get a nice one for £5k, i bought mine for £4400 and its lovely, body work is mint, slightly higher mileage than average but i dont think thats a problem.

I know its always a bit dodgy but ebay do sell quite a few, thats where i got mine.

Guest turbolad
Welcome mate - Have you tried the for-sale section of this forum as there are some stunning cars going for £6K if you're willing to stretch a bit;)

I have yeah... theres one in there that looks particulary good just a shame its an auto...although from what ive heard on here its still a good box.

cant wait to get one...loved it when i sat in one at car planet...

everything just surrounds you...