The mkiv Supra Owners Club

getting bored of na...tt worth the change??

msearle

had my na for about a year,but keep wondering how a tt would compare.obviouslly faster,but is it worth the change regarding extra running costs.fuel,insurance etc...looking at tt on u-tube,they sound really nice,with dump valve.makes my na look and sound a bit mundane! also tt are getting resonable to buy.

The TT is getting cheaper all the time. Running costs will not be massively different. Insurance? not much more, even cheaper on some circumstances, fuel is about the same until you nail it! It's when things go wrong with a TT that you'll need big pockets.

I have just got a NA and I have wondered if I made the right decision tbh. I'm hoping the NA will keep me out of trouble more than anything!!

H.

I went from NA Auto to a TT6 and they are sooooo different its unbelievable. I loved driving my NA but cannot stop myself driving the TT6. Its so much fun, sounds much nicer (burbling on idle and turbos whistling when driving) I have a smile on my face constantly and reminded me why I love Supras so much.

Do it I say, you wont regret it ;) :)

yea the difference is amazing and much better. But the running costs are definatly higher to petrol wise. my NA supe cost me £20 a week to go to work and back, my TT is close to £50.

You just cant keep off the 2nd turbo after a few days of rain has cleared.

That 2nd turbo at 4000rpm has to be experienced to be believed,like a plane taking off.

got a little prob with my 94 na. When cornering the abs light flickers on and off. Any body had this prob before? wanted to know if it could be something silly.

I bought an NA last April and within 3 months I had given it to the wife so that I could get a TT. Don't get me wrong the NA was nice and everything and reasonably quick but the TT is just a totally different experience IMO.

The thing that drove me nuts about the NA was when it came to having a little play with things like Clio Sports. It was always closer than I would have liked. Where as in a TT you can give them a headstart and still whollop them :)

Insurance only went up slightly in the TT as well.

Mark