The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre profiles

hoff

Hey. Not a particually technical one this. Just wondering what the correct tyre proflies are for differant size alloys on the supe, you know to keep the rolling circumfrance the same. I got a 45 profile on my 17s. Im obviously looking to get some 18s or 19s when the money is there. I spent £800 on a set of 18s 2 months ago on my gen 6 Celica, then someone decided to have a game of bumper cars with me!

Ah I see. My Supe came with 215/45/17 up front and 235/45/17 at the rear. Does the depth (i mean the 45) have much of an effect on the speedo. I dont fancy being done doing 35 in a 30, know what I mean?

Has it got stock wheels if so then the tyres SHOULD be 235 45 17 on the front and 255 40 17 on the rears.

235 on the rears is very skinny for a supra.