The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Silver Fcon V?

Krister

I searched a bit, but didnt get a definitive answer.

I bought a Jap import JZA70 Supra and it has the Fcon V silver as an piggyback ECU. Would it be possible to get this ECU mapped in the UK by someone? I called my local HKS Pro dealer and they said that they cant map it because it isnt the PRO-version.

What are my options here?

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6058/dsc04384aa0.th.jpg

Guest StevenSheen

Take TDI straight off there....they dont know their arse from their elbow. They just play pin the tail on the donkey under your bonnet and what ever the pin touches they replace...just incase thats the cause. Whilst charging you £94.00 an hour of course.

That's a MkIII, we don't do them on here :)

Shut your yap :whip: I have an Euro spec MKIV aswell. This is my track day car. :)

You aren't going to find many or even any F-CON mappers over here, it's all tightly controlled by HKS :(

-Ian

Dumb HKS.. I'll never touch their ECU's again if its so that they will force you in to buying a V Pro when they drop supporting the old Fcon's. I dont get it why they wouldnt even give out the software to all of the official tuners.

I have been looking for different places that will map the F-con, maybe we start a list and opinions-

1. Abbey Motorsport

2. TDI

3. P J Motorsport looks like mainly into cossies

4. Engine Advantages

I think if I had the knowledge I have now I would never have brought an F-Con, it limits the places you can take it, if I hadn't spent so much tunning my Soarer I would just sling the F-Con and buy a different ECU:)

I searched a bit, but didnt get a definitive answer.

I bought a Jap import JZA70 Supra and it has the Fcon V silver as an piggyback ECU. Would it be possible to get this ECU mapped in the UK by someone? I called my local HKS Pro dealer and they said that they cant map it because it isnt the PRO-version.

What are my options here?

[qimg]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6058/dsc04384aa0.th.jpg[/qimg]

Hey Krister hows it goin man,

I know the full spec of that car in question :D and to be honest i think you'd see more than the claimed 660bhp by going full standalone and a good map. you could also eliminate that rebic 3 which i see as an old hat fuel band-aid these days.

I know its a big step money wise, but it opens more doors to potential tuners and some more power. Its a serious car with some great spec and I'm sure there are some decent motec or Autronic Tuners in Finland, would save you a trip to the UK everytime you need mapping done?

1point5-JZ.jpg

• 4 years later...

Bumping an old thread..

Anybody know if the software for the Silver F-Con V is available?

And just to be specific.. I'm talking about the OLD Silver version, not the Gold one. There is a Jap language software floating around for the gold version, but it doesnt work on the silver one.

I had to change my f-con silver to the pro because I was told that no-one in the uk mapped it. so best bet mate is maybe do what I've done and got the gold off ebay. you wont need the loom, just the box to swap over. Ryan G on here maps those and from what I've read he's one of the best at mapping.