The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Guys! Need your help please!

Guest colligreen

Guest colligreen

Good morning everyone!

I've sneaked onto your forum in the hope that one of you can help me. Although I don't have a Supra, we're a 'Jap' family, with an MR2 turbo (my other half) and FTO (mine) plus my parents also drive an MR2 turbo. I've got a friend who owns a black MK4 and I think he loves it more than his wife!

Last year on the way to JAE my car was hit by a lorry, which at the time he admitted he'd done on purpose! Now it's being disputed and they're trying to push me into a 50/50 settlement which I won't accept. He crossed from his lane into mine because he thought I would try to cut him up where the road narrowed. I stopped because I saw him drifting across and the back end of his lorry hit the front end of my car.

Now the relevant bit - at the time I was following 2 black Supras who I would imagine were on their way to JAE as well. I need to know if they saw anything that might help me because at the moment it's his word against mine. I know it was a long time ago, but I'd been hoping it wouldn't come to this. It was on the friday, approx 2pm on junction 4A of the M5 where you join the M42.

Hope you don't think I'm cheeky by posting this but I really need your help to prove my innocence! I you were the person in the Supra, or heard someone mention that they'd seen it happen please let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Corinna x

Hope someone here can help - my other half got hit by a lorry in a similar way last year, he pulled into her lane and knocked her across into oncoming traffic. They won't admit liability and she now has to go to court, they are aiming for a 50/50 it seems, presumably based on the fact that Fiat make magnetic cars that are strong enough to attract lorries to them *sigh*

Good luck, it may also be worth posting on the other Supra forum just in case it was their entire club convoy you saw ahead:

http://www.mkivsupraownersclub.com

Corinna,

It sounds from your description of things that he should be the one in the frame. He has clearly hit you and the contact circumstances seem quite bizarre (i.e. his rear hitting your front).

It sounds to me as if you were driving along and he pulled out on you. It also has the telltale signs of the truckie driving without 'undue care and attention'.

I wish you all the best and perhaps someone on here can help you;)

Guest colligreen

Wow, I didn't expect replies so quickly! Thanks for the suggestion, I've just visited the other forum and left them a message too.

Corinna x