The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T conversion

rovervi

Hope everyone faired okay on the snow today :D

I have been reading a few things on the forum about this and was interested to see if anyone has had the conversion and how they are fairing with it.

Also wondering about if an NA-T Supra would be any good as a daily drive and what kind of extra power you get over the stock NA.

Also wondered how much it was (did a search and found some rough prices nothing concrete though)

Cheers guys and gals :D

you can only run low boost on a stock NA head gasket

for high boost you can go the thicker gasket route or fit TT pistons.

The Auto box is different in NA to TT............the tt lasts ok with 400+bhp so i 'suspect' the NA auto box will be ok for 300ish BHP.....i don't think it will just break/give up the ghost straight away........will just wear quicker, but if its already worn who knows?

Rovervi, in your case (facelift auto) i would seriously consider your options, your car is worth a bit as is, personally i think the keep it and save your cash for a TT is best for you.......

you can only run low boost on a stock NA head gasket

for high boost you can go the thicker gasket route or fit TT pistons.

The Auto box is different in NA to TT............the tt lasts ok with 400+bhp so i 'suspect' the NA auto box will be ok for 300ish BHP.....i don't think it will just break/give up the ghost straight away........will just wear quicker, but if its already worn who knows?

Rovervi, in your case (facelift auto) i would seriously consider your options, your car is worth a bit as is, personally i think the keep it and save your cash for a TT is best for you.......

Well the plan is/was to wait a bit and get a cheapish TT and keep the N/A for my daily drive, i was just thinking about this option as i have heard a few people on about it, when you say the car is worth a bit as is what do you mean i thought the prices of N/A had dropped significantly, thanks for the advice ;)

Well the plan is/was to wait a bit and get a cheapish TT and keep the N/A for my daily drive, i was just thinking about this option as i have heard a few people on about it, when you say the car is worth a bit as is what do you mean i thought the prices of N/A had dropped significantly, thanks for the advice ;)

your car with it being a facelift and having uk brakes and side skirts etc should fetch the upper end of what an NA auto can.....

lets say £4000 easy

there is a white TT manual facelift (ok its got 3 spokes!) on the trader for £6995, + a few other non facelift manual TT's for similar money......

you'd struggle to get under £3K just for a NA auto to 6 speed conversion.......forgetting the NA-T bit

Thanks mate definately worth thinking about

your car with it being a facelift and having uk brakes and side skirts etc should fetch the upper end of what an NA auto can.....

lets say £4000 easy

there is a white TT manual facelift (ok its got 3 spokes!) on the trader for £6995, + a few other non facelift manual TT's for similar money......

you'd struggle to get under £3K just for a NA auto to 6 speed conversion.......forgetting the NA-T bit

if your na is in good condition and your happy with it i would say go for it

i just finished my conversion about a month ago the extra power feels like double

i,m running the xs power manifold and turbo on mine

take a look on here loads of interesting stuff on na-t to read about might help you decide what to do

http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/

theres 2 kits available to buy on here

xs power and the dave h kit ,both are great value for money

so head gasket doesnt need upgrading, but would the auto box be able to handle the extra power

auto box can handle up to 350hp without upgrades

you can run around 6 psi on std hg safely

with a tt hg 1.3mm you can run around 12-14 psi if your on auto box thats more than enough

auto box can handle up to 350hp without upgrades

you can run around 6 psi on std hg safely

with a tt hg 1.3mm you can run around 12-14 psi if your on auto box thats more than enough

interesting, so the autobox would handle the upgrade, i think i would upgrade the head gasket anyway tbh from what has been said, oooohh so exciting

if your na is in good condition and your happy with it i would say go for it

i just finished my conversion about a month ago the extra power feels like double

i,m running the xs power manifold and turbo on mine

take a look on here loads of interesting stuff on na-t to read about might help you decide what to do

http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/

theres 2 kits available to buy on here

xs power and the dave h kit ,both are great value for money

I am VERY happy with my Supra and its in tip top shape, thanks for the link i will be having a read up.

your best bet mate would be to speak to the NA-T boys on here. i know that GazzaGSi had his na converted last summer...

also Jay NW has got or its been completed by Turbo FIt as we speak.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=91086

(Turbo Fit seem to be the best place to take your soop for the conversion)

;)

Turbofit completed the conversion this friday and will post a new thread once I done my 1000 miles under 3000 revs and 200 miles under 5000 revs as its got new pistons and rebuilt engine. so far i have done 750 mile in 5 days. Hopefully looking to get the car mapped by Turbofit this monday if I get rest of the miles done.

Go for it mate.:thumbs:

To tell you the truth, I am kicking myself for not doing this conversion as soon as I got the car which is 1 year ego. The power,torque, the noice from the dumb vale and screemer pipe, turbos whistling etc.. etc.. is just unbelivable :) . by the way all these are under 3000 revs. I only went upto 4500revs once its a completely different story. (dont tell Sam)

Can't thank enough Turbofit for this great conversion :thumbs: , I will post a new thread as soon as I got the mapped so I should be able to give you all the figures and the price details.

Few pics included

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/2/3815021387.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/2/3815021291.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/2/3815021359.jpg