The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra paint!

Rayman

I want to paint some parts for my supra, lip and skirts etc.

Just going to order the paint now, but is the supra paint metallic?

Im guessing not, what is cellulose?

Last time i did some painting i primered it, sanded it smooth then applied the paint coats and then the lacquer. Mind you this was on a metalic paintwork car.

If the supra isnt metalic what do you use as the final phase instead of lacquer?

Any help greatly appreciated, maybe start with me understanding what cellulose paint is?

To get the right colour you can get paint in 2 basic forms, a single stage where you just apply the colour or a basecoat and a clear lacquer.

You don't just apply lacquers to metallics, they're used on solid colours too.

Cellulose paint isn't that durable and you'll have to polish it more often, but it's fairly safe to spray with a decent mask.

Black, white and red are not metallic on the Supra, but i think you will find that they all have a clear coat from the factory, however on all three colours you can get away without, when using a solid full gloss, if any of the parts you are thinking of painting have recently been painted, DON'T use cellulose, or it will react,

2K is the best to use, you should be fine if you use a good mask and have good ventilation.