The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PHR Stage 2+ how much power

kslb

I am getting a PHR Stage 2+, and loads of other mods done at Envy end of march and was wondering what kind of rwhp I could expect from this. I have uprated fuel system with 650cc injectors already will these be sufficient to get the best i can from the new single or will i need to upgrade those as well?

Can't wait to get her back on the road after the steroid injection.:)

I am getting a PHR Stage 2+, and loads of other mods done at Envy end of march and was wondering what kind of rwhp I could expect from this. I have uprated fuel system with 650cc injectors already will these be sufficient to get the best i can from the new single or will i need to upgrade those as well?

Can't wait to get her back on the road after the steroid injection.:)

I am running a HKS TO4R single with 650cc injectors no problem with fuel and should be good for 550BHP when the 6 speed goes in ;)

I was hoping for more rwhp than 550 surely if thats all i could expect then the 650cc should be able to handle that.

I could well be wrong i am a techno biff.

I guess the 'loads of other mods' comment may need expanding to give you a better understanding of what you can expect but in my experience dont go chasing BHP and go for drivablilty, 550BHP with high torque figures is a lot of street power, I have owned BIG horse power cars (skylines) and been unable to use the power as the delivery was too top end if that makes sence!

Form what you've said so far the limiting factor will be your injectors.

For comparison Ian C had 650's on his T67 (Which I believe is a little larger than the stage 2) and these were maxed out. 720's were fine at 1.4bar which resulted in 580rwhp (~620hp @ flywheel). You're also pushing the stock bottom end a little at these power levels.

Im only guessing really matey. Its all very much dependant upon what ecu, engine spec etc your running, at 550rwhp or around 600fly, your 650's aren't going to be far off maxed out, your much better off with larger injectors that arent strugging. Are the 650's in your standard rail or do you have a different rail, fpr, lines, pump etc too?

For comparison Ian C had 650's on his T67 (Which I believe is a little larger than the stage 2) and these were maxed out. 720's were fine at 1.4bar which resulted in 580rwhp (~620hp @ flywheel). You're also pushing the stock bottom end a little at these power levels.

No he never had 650's.

His 720's on their lower than stock pressure will max out at about 1.7bar and he netted, 631at the Fly/580RWHP.

Stage 2+ is the same size as a BL T67.

As Homer said an upgrade to 720cc is reccomended, infact im gonna say that 720's are the bare minimum for a T67 running 1.4Bar boost.

Most people running the T67 are 720's or above, the 650's maybe up to the job but the duty cycle at top end will be pretty close to max.

Thanks for the advice I have done the engine rebuild bit forged pistons race bearings ARP etc and HKS front mount HKS fuel rail the 650's i mentioned and am getting the following done:

2nd fuel pump

PHR Stage 2 Kit (Ball Bearing)

AEM (AEM ECU, 3.5 Bar Map Sensor, IAT Sensor)

AEM Wideband 02 Gauge

HKS DLI

Clutch (RPS Max 6 Puck),Toyota OEM Release Bearing

RLTC with Digital Adjuster

Engine dress:

PHR Cam Cover - PHR Logo

Polish valve cover

Polish inlet manifold

Power Enterprise Top Rad Hose

Might do the PHR stage 2 fuel kit and sell my bits not sure

From just looking at that link Wez. And apologies for hijacking your thread kslb!

why is the phr street kit noticeably cheaper than the phr stage 1 kit. When the street kit seems to come with a cast manifold and the stage 1 an HKS tubular. I always thought the cast manifold's were better?

Just curious

From just looking at that link Wez. And apologies for hijacking your thread kslb!

why is the phr street kit noticeably cheaper than the phr stage 1 kit. When the street kit seems to come with a cast manifold and the stage 1 an HKS tubular. I always thought the cast manifold's were better?

Just curious

Cast manifolds are stronger...but not great for max power....they will be suitable for the size of turbo sold with the kit and not much more.

Just had another look at their website and they claim stage 2 650hp and stage 2+ 682.9hp and I know this is highly unlikely on my motor but am aiming for the big 600 so hopefully will make it or need to spend more......... if only i had it......

Go with what your happy to drive once its installed at the end of the day mate, instead of chasing a 'magical' number. Any kind of car around that power level is going to be a handful, too much so and it may ruin it for what YOU want it for.

Just my advice chap

Go with what your happy to drive once its installed at the end of the day mate, instead of chasing a 'magical' number. Any kind of car around that power level is going to be a handful, too much so and it may ruin it for what YOU want it for.

Just my advice chap

Very good advice too :cool:

I was aiming for 600hp but to be honest I am more than happy with the way it is at the moment.