The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WTD: Another Interesting Mileage Verification

2JG

I knew I should have left this alone :(

I had a mileage verification check carried out on the car by http://www.japaneseimportmileagecheck.co.uk as I wanted to try and work out an accurate reading of how many miles/kilometers my car had done as it didn't come with much paper work when I bought it.

Got an email this morning to say that when it was recorded at the auction house in Japan it was reading 99,000 km. When I bought the car in April 05 it was reading just over 82,000. The current reading is 95,620 and it has clocked up in miles ever since I have had it.

Now because I don't have any paperwork earlier than 2004 and this was imported in 2002 I have no idea what the odometer might have been wound back to, so I am even worse off that when I started my search! All the import dates and car registration here in the UK coincide with each other so there are no missing months.

What should I do from here guys? Just leave it alone? Get a BIMTA check done instead?

How would you wind back the odo on a Supra as its digi?

The facelift model doesn't have a digi odo, does it?

Also I've just been looking through the Japanese hand book and service pages that came with it, but it doesn't look like these were kept up to date. The last entry in the service manual is 76k km with a Japanese service stamp. But I can't figure out the date on it.

Thanks for that, looks like that service was done 16/06/2000.

Starting to look like the verification they gave me is correct.

Nothing I can do about it now really, I'm the 4th owner since it was registered here and doubt I'll ever found out who imported it.

Downside is I was thinking of going NA-T next year so might have to reconsider.

Got an email this morning to say that when it was recorded at the auction house in Japan it was reading 99,000 km. When I bought the car in April 05 it was reading just over 82,000. The current reading is 95,620 and it has clocked up in miles ever since I have had it.

Now because I don't have any paperwork earlier than 2004 and this was imported in 2002 I have no idea what the odometer might have been wound back to, so I am even worse off that when I started my search!

Jeff your car is clocking up in miles

99000KM = 61516Miles.........

so in 2002 it probably had the odo adjusted to 61516 or there abouts and from then to when you got it, it has clocked up 20484 miles ( a very reasonable/likely amount in 2-3yrs), and now you've clocked up further miles to give the current 95620...

so in summary it could well be that your car had 99000km on import and your current reading of 95620 is genuine miles

Is it that you thought the 95620 was a combination of km's and miles?

Thanks for that, looks like that service was done 16/06/2000.

Starting to look like the verification they gave me is correct.

Nothing I can do about it now really, I'm the 4th owner since it was registered here and doubt I'll ever found out who imported it.

Downside is I was thinking of going NA-T next year so might have to reconsider.

The NA engines are pretty much rock-solid, even with that mileage you would probably be pretty safe going NA-T.

The NA engines are pretty much rock-solid, even with that mileage you would probably be pretty safe going NA-T.

That's reassuring, I've been thinking this morning that I would have to sell and get a TT.

If it has been fully converted the average annual mileage would be just under 9,000 miles. Not to bad I suppose?

I must admit that's what I thought it was.

Didn't think the importer would actually fully convert it.

i think it varies............ignoring the unscrupulous clockers! some seem to do 'clock it back to show miles' and some give you a letter declaring that the cars reading at XX/XX/XXXX was in km's and from this date will count up in miles...........

i think it varies............ignoring the unscrupulous clockers! some seem to do 'clock it back to show miles' and some give you a letter declaring that the cars reading at XX/XX/XXXX was in km's and from this date will count up in miles...........

Oh ok, So has yours been adjusted as well?

Had another quick look through what little history I did get but nothing in there indicates what might have been done.

I'll assume then that it has been fully converted to miles and stop worrying myself!