The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hello and help

hoff

Hi. Im proud to say im now the owner of my 1st ever supra. Its the car of my dreams but...

Can anyone help? I have just brought a M reg jap import supra, non turbo auto. It didnt come with a manual. When im driving two warning lights come on, the big explination mark on the rev counter and the oranage one showing the car and what appears to be something to do with the rear lights. Can someone tell what these mean and how they can be fixed? I have a feeling the breaks may have something to do with the light on the rev counter.

Also it has a set of 17"s on with a 45 tyre profile, is that the correct profile?

Finally any mods anyone sugests to the engine and exhaust?

Thanks alot.

Any chance you can take a picture of the yellow light.

The big red one is MIL light, it will light up whenever there is a fault. The yellow light will be more of an accurate indication as to where the fault may be.

Also it might be worthwhile pulling the codes off the ECU, if you do a search, you will find the table and the method of pulling the codes off.

Have you check all the lights work, it could be a blown bulb indicator.

thats the rear light warning defo but all may not be as appears, if its an import like mine they wired the foglight into the rear lights to stop having to have a stick on red box at the back, and the bulb has to be removed from the warning panel as it will always be on, might be the same worth a try, but check rear lights work first

red triangle is set to come on with any problem,if the orange light comes on when you start thecar and stays on its posibly the foglight as i said,if the red light is intermittent could be many things, i had it and i needed to top up my brake fluid( very sensitive ) must be bang on full), also when you start car do all 3 warning lights at top right of dash light up, if not this is also a common problem

red triangle is set to come on with any problem,if the orange light comes on when you start thecar and stays on its posibly the foglight as i said,if the red light is intermittent could be many things, i had it and i needed to top up my brake fluid( very sensitive ) must be bang on full), also when you start car do all 3 warning lights at top right of dash light up, if not this is also a common problem

Yup, agreed, check the brake fluid, it will cause the MIL light to come on every now and then. Scared the hell out of me the first time, I was pushing the car with gusto round a corner when the light flashed.. It was the brake fluid moving with force of the car... nice easy one to fix if it is that..