The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauging interest in a 2007 Lakes area meet?

AJI

Basically as the title says....

anyone up for a 2007 Lakes area meetup and drive?

This year it will have to be late summer if I were to organise it. Probably early September.

Just have to hope for once that we get some decent weather !!

I was in two minds whether it would be worth doing another one or not as the area requires good weather to really appreciate the scenery and the roads. Previous two years have not been kind in that respect.

We had one guy drive up from Surrey in an Aerial Atom last year and although he really liked the roads I think it would have been much better for him if the weather had been dry and warm.

And the numerous Supercars that said would attend didn't turn up last year due to the rain also. On the list last year were a number of Ferraris, Lambos, Lotus and TVR etc. but all these guys were put off due to the weather forecast.

I think this year also it will just be for MKivSupra.net members who can invite their own mates along.... instead of putting it out to specific car clubs.

Controlling car numbers is a big issue with these events, I always try to aim for around 20-30... last year was perfect but the police would kick up a fuss if the numbers got too big.... and then there is the problem of parking spaces at the planned stops.

I've already got a few ideas for the route, which would be a bit of a change to the usual format. (Just to keep things interesting for the regular attendees)

Also would you like to once again raise money for a local chairty by paying an entry fee?

Any ideas would be welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fella.

I would be interested... long as you will be happy for me to jion the run ina leon cupra r (tdi!).. dont think dad will be able to make it this time round so wil have to run my own motor.

Really enjoyed the event last year in the TRD..would be great to do it again

Thanks

Gordon

yeah I heard that he spun it on the way down :)

This year the proposed route will take in the full length of the Hartside run.... from the bottom of the mountain all the way over to Haydon Bridge.

The road is much the same sort of vibe all the way along !!!

And it will be the first part of the run this time round also, so that everyone gets a good shot at it.

I guess there is sufficient interest now for me to start making proper plans.

I have a few good ideas that I think everyone will like. But I don't want to give too much away at this point. ;)

haha exactly! certainly tested the brakes out :D

HAHA..just talking about that the other day..how we all missed each other i dont know!! Thank god we dived down the inside.. we wouldnt have stopped otherwiseand i dont think you have taken it to well if we had hit you wez!

What the on coming berlingo must have thought i dont know!:cool:

Loved it last year..shame the MR2 was a bit underpowered comapred with you boys!

HAHA..just talking about that the other day..how we all missed each other i dont know!! Thank god we dived down the inside.. we wouldnt have stopped otherwiseand i dont think you have taken it to well if we had hit you wez!

What the on coming berlingo must have thought i dont know!:cool:

Loved it last year..shame the MR2 was a bit underpowered comapred with you boys!

exactly!! just staying on the road without the distractions was hard enough for me!!

and i certainly couldn't get away from the MR2 round those twisties!! in fact didn't you overtake me eventually or was that the diving down the inside moment?!

Lol.. its a fair section of road... shame it was a bit slippery..we couldnt keep the back end in a straight line half the time..

Hmm yer we were susprised how hard we could push the Mr2.. didnt help having Gaz breathing down our neck esp on the straights! i would imagine it was when had to go down the inside at the Atom incident...couldnt pass you anywhere else.. bit wide these supras :D ..

Cant wait for this year... esp as we are now doing the extended harts side section... the road just gets better and better!

• 2 weeks later...
Lol.. its a fair section of road... shame it was a bit slippery..we couldnt keep the back end in a straight line half the time..

Hmm yer we were susprised how hard we could push the Mr2.. didnt help having Gaz breathing down our neck esp on the straights! i would imagine it was when had to go down the inside at the Atom incident...couldnt pass you anywhere else.. bit wide these supras :D ..

Cant wait for this year... esp as we are now doing the extended harts side section... the road just gets better and better!

I wasnt just breathing down your neck on the straights mate, i was tickling your arse ;)

Cheers Nick, if you could pursuede the guy with the F40 to come along it would be a great spectacle !!

Last year I sent out invites to a number of the supercar car clubs, but due to the weather on the day they all chickened out.

My aim for this event for the past year and probably for the future is to create a complete mix of sports and performance orientated cars that initially meet up and then go for a drive through the most scenic part of England.

What I don't want to create is just another jap-only get together. There's nothing new in that type of event, and it becomes the same old scene up and down the country.

The south has its own event called "the tunnel run" whereby they get a good mix of cars and we need something like that in the north.

I'm looking to create the core japanese model to be the Supra (of course), with a few others for variety, but the rest to be made up of Ferraris, Lambos, TVRs, Lotus, Astons, etc. etc.

If I ever manage to get this event to be like that then I will have achieved my goal !

Cheers Nick, if you could pursuede the guy with the F40 to come along it would be a great spectacle !!

Last year I sent out invites to a number of the supercar car clubs, but due to the weather on the day they all chickened out.

My aim for this event for the past year and probably for the future is to create a complete mix of sports and performance orientated cars that initially meet up and then go for a drive through the most scenic part of England.

What I don't want to create is just another jap-only get together. There's nothing new in that type of event, and it becomes the same old scene up and down the country.

The south has its own event called "the tunnel run" whereby they get a good mix of cars and we need something like that in the north.

I'm looking to create the core japanese model to be the Supra (of course), with a few others for variety, but the rest to be made up of Ferraris, Lambos, TVRs, Lotus, Astons, etc. etc.

If I ever manage to get this event to be like that then I will have achieved my goal !

Hi Aron ive a mate (neighbour) who has a Masarati who will be interested in this too

Cheers

Ian