The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oh S*it

nottschick

well as you no ive just baught ians old supra!

had the beauty 8 days went for a ride up to guisbrough in her yesterday afternoon was cruisin along down the a172 wen some idiot in a pug decided to pull out 150ft infront of me.

obviously there was nothin i could do to stop but by the time i hit him he had the car staright on the road!

my bonnet and front bumper need replacing my left front wheel is facin a different way to the rest of them and the impact has broken my steerin wheel lock so the bloody keys are stuck in the ignition!

to top it all of i get the impression that the shit bag mite try and claim it was my fault! [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

infact i no he is hes only covered for 3 rd party so his car wont be covered and the amount it'll cost him to repair his he mite as well get a new car

any advise or help etc is really gratefully recieved

thank u xx

edited to put in full stop as it was pissin rob off :)

Hey sorry to hear about the crash. Although as silly as it seems the insurance company will probably put it against you as you drove into the back of him - unfair but thats usually how it goes.

Its like driving behind someone if they brake hard and you go into the back of them it would be your fault even though they was the person braking.

again sorry to hear bout it :(

Guest blueangel

Normally it would be classed as your fault or i think thats the way it goes with rear enders.

Its shit i know coz there are some right idiots on the road at the mo for some reason

Normally it would be classed as your fault or i think thats the way it goes with rear enders.

That's not strictly true, if someone pulls out on you or pulls in front without giving you adequate braking distance it's obviously there fault, at the end of the day if the other party causes the crash then it's their fault. The tricky bit is proving that they caused it.

there was no where near enough distance to brake hun!! i was doin 60mph he gave me 150ft to brake to 5 mph !

it was completely his fault! and alhough i no i hit his rear end i would like to say i wish i had hit him side on although im pretty sure that would caused injury!

he admited fault to me there was no witnesses and police didnt come as there was no one injured! although im in pain now :(

so its kinda myword against his although any gd assesor will be able to c that i hit him from stationary and there was no parkin in the area so its obvisous that hes pulled out in front of me i had no idea he was there so there was nothin i could do!

however..... if he tries to blame me!! he has informed me on the day of the crash that he needed his car for work as he was a delivery driver and also said this is the secind crash in a month thats been my fault then today he told me that he only had 3 rd party fire and theft!!! now am i wrong in thinkin that that only covers social and domestic use if hes been usin it for work he acctually delivers in his car then is this not invalid???

Braking distance from 60mph is 240 feet. Make sure you put the face he admitted it in your report. Also if you can state where on the road you were (thus showing he didn't leave enough time to pull out) that might help. Pics and things!

No mention of witnesses at al... anyone stop?

m.

you might have a job convincing insurers if theres no witnesses nottschick, insurers tend to keep things simple as investigation is often more expensive than paying out.

you need to badger them and harass them into action, it worked for me.

what were you doing up in guisborough? - i used to live there!