The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need some nice new alloys :)

Pig

The reality has finally hit home, there just isnt enough rubber on stock alloys to give enough grip on a properly set up single.

So.....the shopping begins, im loving the deep dish alloys on MVP

e.g these ones HRE Wheels 595R 18

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=1826&SearchYN=N

I also like the Volk gun metal ones. Volk LE37T 18''

Could i be so bold as to ask for some advise as i have no idea about wheels.

Size, weight, off set etc etc. I would like them as wide as i can, thats all i think i know lol.

Im running stock UK suspension at the moment but will obviously be looking to lower the car as soon as i can afford to.

Thanks

Pig

I like the Rota Gtr in 18". I think you need to look around at what others are running with Uk brakes and ask what spec there wheels are as there is a fine line between clearing the Uk brakes and fouling arches.http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=44615&d=1159464515

That's a rather long list of wheels... personally, I've not been a huge fan of studs showing too much - so would more likely go with something like the HRE 895R18's on there. I'm thinking gunmetal may be a good option for you especially with the blessing of a dark colour such as storm blue.

Wanna give me your old ones Jon? :D

B

Make sure you put some thought into the maintenance that some of these wheel makes mentioned above will require.

The CCW's and HRE's are high maintenance wheels mate, that is if you want them to continue to look nice. All wheels will require some attention but the ones above were not built and designed with the UK weather and road conditions in mind and they are most certainly not daily driver type wheels. They can be but you will be spending quite a bit of time keeping them looking nice.

Just some food for thought.

That's a rather long list of wheels... personally, I've not been a huge fan of studs showing too much - so would more likely go with something like the HRE 895R18's on there. I'm thinking gunmetal may be a good option for you especially with the blessing of a dark colour such as storm blue.

Wanna give me your old ones Jon? :D

B

Me and the Mrs really liked them too.....have you seen the price though: Your Price $5,742.00 Ouch!

I say yes to you having my Uk's but im afraid they are going to have to go up for sale as i am cleaned out :(

Make sure you put some thought into the maintenance that some of these wheel makes mentioned above will require.

The CCW's and HRE's are high maintenance wheels mate, that is if you want them to continue to look nice. All wheels will require some attention but the ones above were not built and designed with the UK weather and road conditions in mind and they are most certainly not daily driver type wheels. They can be but you will be spending quite a bit of time keeping them looking nice.

Just some food for thought.

Not a fan of cleaning :( f'ing cars normally i have an idea of where to start but this time im in the hands of the members :blink:

Me and the Mrs really liked them too.....have you seen the price though: Your Price $5,742.00 Ouch!

I say yes to you having my Uk's but im afraid they are going to have to go up for sale as i am cleaned out :(

Geezuz! Well, if it's all in the name of grip AND looking good, I'm sure it'll work out in the end, whatever your choice. I have to say, I've suffered an unhealthy affliction towards Hart CRs since I first saw them. I'm all for the odd spoke patterns, 6,7,9 etc.

Like I said, storm blue, something with gunmetal centers with a polished lip... mmm.

Do let me in on what you'd like for your UKs when it comes to crunchtime ya?

B