The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Selecting a turbocharger for a single..

carl0s

Can anybody provide some simple pointers for knowing how a given turbo is going to perform on an auto Supra?

I am thinking along the lines of cheap turbos ala XSPower ( :eek: )

For example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230087241992&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RUPX_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=230085516002&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=UpSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GT45-T4-Supra-Twin-RX7-EVO-STI-TURBO-CHARGER-A-R-1-05_W0QQitemZ230085516002QQihZ013QQcategoryZ72205QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How would one know, from the given details, whether these are suitable? I'm interested in pricing something up to compare with the PHR Street kit, e.g. a cast manifold, small single turbo etc.

On a totally different subject, do you think it'd be possible to get some kind of exhaust company to fabricate suitable pipework for retaining both the stock airbox, and the stock SMIC (actually, it'd be a Chris Wilson SMIC that I'd be considering).

I'm not actively thinking of doing this to my car, but I just want to know the possibilities.

thanks guys.

Thanks.

So it's the "0.57 compressor wheel trim" or "57 Trim" which makes it comarable to, say, a BoostLogic BL57.. ?

What about the :

.60 A/R COMPRESSOR

.63 A/R TURBINE

.63 A/R COLD

?

Does any of this mean it compares to, say a BL 60, or 63 (if they existed)?

I understand the hot/cold terminology, I think. Hot being the exhaust-driven turbine side, and cold being the compressor side.

Or I thought I did, but above it says .63 cold & .60 compressor, which is the opposite of how I thought I understood it.

Another nice turbo for the 550 mark is the gt35r, quick spooling and excellent on an auto too, although expensive i have noticed comparable copies appearing for those on a tight budget

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/turbocharger-no-Garrett-GT35-Civic-Integra-VW-Turbo_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ107063QQihZ017QQitemZ270084403256QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

dont know about cheap carlos but i have the Boostlogic T61, since fitting the turbo i have fitted a hi-stall and BL gearbox which would allow me to run a bigger turbo but i cannot fault the T61 in power delivery and low down grunt, if you are on a budget with stock gearbox and T/C keep the turbo small, there are cheap throw away tubular manifolds on e-bay so dont rule these out