The mkiv Supra Owners Club

203 mph !!!!!!

supra steveo

Of course the usual shower of pricks will be along to state:

1. Supra has massive frontal area which could never make that speed.

2. Supra doesnt have gearing to do that speed.

3. Its a Supra, its not Italian (they watch too much top gear).

For the record, Supras do 200 mph with a bit of tuning.

Get used ot it, and well done to the guys in the video.

For the record how much did you see out of your last car Chief? I've seen the vids so know how seriously quick it was :D

After 2-3 miles of 100% thottle run starting at 160mph I've seen 192mph on the gps while bpu (1.25bar). The rpm was just touching an indicated 7k rpm. Yeah I know the rev counter over-reads but this can't have been far from the *real* rev limit (6.8k rpm?)

For the record how much did you see out of your last car Chief? I've seen the vids so know how seriously quick it was :D

After 2-3 miles of 100% thottle run starting at 160mph I've seen 192mph on the gps while bpu (1.25bar). The rpm was just touching an indicated 7k rpm. Yeah I know the rev counter over-reads but this can't have been far from the *real* rev limit (6.8k rpm?)

Ernie you'd have trouble trying over 170 on our shit roads, but on 245/40/18s with stock rear diff, you should see in theory 220 MPH at 7137 RPMs in 6th

Thinks theres a calculator on mkiv.com somewheres

Homer when your doing that sort of speed as you know its a quick glance at the rev needle, and the best I saw i think was 7200rpm with Uk diff, and fresh 275/35/18. Its amazing how the lamp posts look like the teeth of a comb at that rate of going lmao.

Marty, you have a nice two lane test track heading for Moira. I prefer the new motorway heading south from Dundalk, no cameras and as your in a "foreign state" technically, once your over the border again, your home and dry!

Without V box, working it out mathamatically is best. It's also a good idea when visiting a rolling road to do a 6th gear run as i did when the silver car was on hybrids, and 6850rpm on the uk diff and 275's was 194mph, so the 7200rpm run was deffo 203mph pushing 204mph.

It's all slow compared to Dimitri, who runs 315/30/19 and can push about 8000rpm at least, thats over 225mph!

Marty, you have a nice two lane test track heading for Moira. I prefer the new motorway heading south from Dundalk, no cameras and as your in a "foreign state" technically, once your over the border again, your home and dry!

We used to use the moira stretch, but its got very uneven in parts. And as for the new motorway..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyMYvqr20Kw

its a great bit of road lol

Thats the shortest bit of video I have seen for a while Marty lol. Was that Johnny?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGuTrOpMTWU this one sounds very very nice :)

yeah, it was 22mb for some reason lol

have finally presuaded him to move into the 21st century so the car will be reborn this year.

Oh That Supra dos'nt count, its 3sgte powered is it not :D next you'l be posting up Aristo's :p :D

On a more serious note, has there ever been a recorded MAX top speed on any UK road regardless of car type?