The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nitrous is goooooooood

JamieP

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

75bhp jet so should be extra 150bhp as you double on forced induction cars, No progressive controller but may look into one if it helps with traction:)

A good safety measure too mate.

My friends car was on the rollers when he hit the switch at about 3000rpm. The sudden surge in horsepower made it pop.

Was rather loud and we all shat our pants :D

Progressive conrtoller would have stopped this.

I must say this something I want-It would originally be set up to save face if I was struggling against something but I reckon I'd use way too much.

Is it fair to say its a much cheaper alternative to going single but with more risk of going bang?

I think stock engines should be able to handle it ok, greg was running 150bhp jets in his and that took it ok, i know his is a drag car but he used it of the line sometimes right though to 5th so thats gotta put some strain on it:)

I think stock engines should be able to handle it ok, greg was running 150bhp jets in his and that took it ok, i know his is a drag car but he used it of the line sometimes right though to 5th so thats gotta put some strain on it:)

FFS-Something else on the shopping list I guess. I wanted to concentrate on looks/kit/respray next lol!

I wonder if the AEM can control it like a progressive controler, ive read that people use the AEM to control the nitrous but i dont know in what way, gonna do some research.

Yes it can :D

There are fuel and ignition correction maps for when the nitrous is being used and it can also use a PWM output to adjust the amount being injected, less at lower rpm/mph and more when you have better traction.