The mkiv Supra Owners Club

pics of my aristo

Guest nick_t

Guest StevenSheen

Why do people buy these instead of a Lexus GS??? Are they not the same but cheaper to insure?

I assume there is something different about them...

Oh are these things TT as well....well thats interesting...wonder why they never gave us a turbo charged Lexus over here...

Same reason they didn't give us the top of the line LS (Celsior) and IS200 (Altezza), and performance Toyotas like the Chaser / Mark II / Cresta and the Caldina.

Same reason they didn't give us the top of the line LS (Celsior) and IS200 (Altezza), and performance Toyotas like the Chaser / Mark II / Cresta and the Caldina.

You're right about Altezza and the others, but afaik the Celsior and LS400 are identical in terms of engine, but the LS400 actually has better spec - I've seen Celsiors with cloth seats - though you can get the very early shapes with the touch screen sat nav which the earliest LS400s never had.

i joined eventually :D i will mod eventually unfortunately i have got to get some pennys first mine was £5000 but to be fair that was a fresh import a second hand one would be half that any one shout if im wrong :)

welcome from another aristo driver! the force is growing:cool:

my brother reckons toyota got the name from the word 'aristocrat' any one any ideas strikes me as the sort of thing the japs would get excited about! - but couldnt get away with in europe hence gs300

same way i guess they didnt reckon we needed the TTengine! LOL

• 3 years later...

my brother reckons toyota got the name from the word 'aristocrat' any one any ideas strikes me as the sort of thing the japs would get excited about! - but couldnt get away with in europe hence gs300

'Aristo' is Greek for perfect.

Aristocrat broken down means member of the pefect state, Aristo=perfect and Cratos=State (as in community/region)

Can't beat a good old 3.5 year thread resurrection!

Lol, H7ERO just bought my N/A off me and is planning a V8 conversion so was going through some of his very interesting threads on here until he signs back up.

I just thought I'd maybe enlighten the Aristo owners as to what the name of their cars mean in response to H7ERO's post.

:D