The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some questions

Guigsy

Hi all.

I was hoping to have my supra by now. However there has been delays for various reasons *shakes fist at DVLA*.

I know that silver is a common colour. But exactly how common? like... 60-70-80%? And red is quite rare?

Obviously i know there is black, red, silver, blue, white and green (i think). But is there not also a "gunmetal" silver colour? Ive noticed some darker ones. For example mine http://img.kelkoo.com/uk/320x240/726/497/0010777145495026788743599297476819497726.jpg appears to be a little darker than other silver ones. (or is that just me?)

Also another question. Dashbord covers. Ive noticed various people cover them and swap them arround. But which origonal versions did you get? i cant seem to find any info. My car is totaly stock Yet has a carbon fiber dash. Was this available or has it been added after? It didnt look like a stick on jobbie. if it was it was well done.

And while im asking some other questions. (This one has probably been asked before so sorry) But does the active front spoiler fit on jap spec cars? Were they not only on UK spec cars? I like the idea of being able to press a button and making a star treck door opening noise with my mouth. :eyebrows:

That pic there is a Jap gunmetal facelift model (not quicksilver) and will have the front spoiler as standard which will come down at 55mph if your speedo conversion has been done correctly. The dash will be black, not sure if it's CF or not though but I am sure someone will tell you

That pic there is a Jap gunmetal facelift model (not quicksilver) and will have the front spoiler as standard which will come down at 55mph if your speedo conversion has been done correctly.
Not sure you're right there mate. My 98 VVTi Tip didn't have an active spolier.

The dash will be black

It won't actually, only the old model Supes had black rubber coated dashes, the facelift ones have a grey non-rubber dash possibly with the optional carbon fibre effect overlay.

thats a prive plate that isnt sold with the car. i dont know whats on it yet i cant remember (stupid dvla) i dont think its an S tho but its a 98 car. Its a 5spd n/a cant afford the insurance on anything more.

Looks very clean :) So did the engine have VVTI on it? Was the engine cover sea green ish? You can always fit a turbo later :D

Like the sound of the carbon dash I thought I'd read somewhere that is was a toyota option for a while but dont hold me to it. :)

It won't actually, only the old model Supes had black rubber coated dashes, the facelift ones have a grey non-rubber dash possibly with the optional carbon fibre effect overlay.

I have '96 facelift with black-ish dash, not grey, unless you call VERY dark grey black, which it almost is, sort of :blink:

Didn't know vvti models didn't have active spoiler, I stand corrected

So what's the hold up with you getting the car? Don't say it's just 'cos of the private plate.

No, well sort of.

He took the car in on monday to the dvla to sort it out but they refused to inspect the car because an appointment has to be made 7 days in advance.

The dvla were on strike or something on wednesday.The guy went on holiday on thursday. And he is on hols for 2 weeks.

I want all the number plate business sorted out before i get my hands on it. I could just buy the car with the personalised plate on it and then do it myself. But thats a bit of a cafuffle, as i dont want to take a day off work just to take the car there. Its a pain in the ass but i guess i'll put up with it. There is a chance i might get the car early as he is coming home for a business meeting for a couple of days but i doubt it.