The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ever had a drive that just seems perfect?

Guest Geneb

Ever had a drive that just seems perfect?

i went out in my lil supe tonight it was like a different car to this afternoon ,pulled hard as hell in every gear wheel spun in third , excellerated like it never has before, must be the weather or something .

it was that good i stayed out for over an hour playing in it :p

Last time was when it was BPU and went for a long drive in my old neighbourhood in the west country. Middle of summer, dusty roads with the odd Pheasant blocking the way makes a f*cking thrilling drive (arse out and forest roads :D ). Did 200 miles and a tank of petrol just taking it for a pointless drive.

That was July 06... been downhill since sadly :( Looking forward to having it running properly for this summer

Guest Miller95Supra

For me it was night,

slighty warm,

but with the windows both DOWN, it was as nice & toasty inside. Even WITH the cold wind blowing past the windows.

Just perfect. . . until I hit the highway doing like 160KM. Then UP go the windows!!!

Yesterday night was mine, well not one of the most perfect as my geometry is out and she aint quite driving straight at the minute, but going from Greenford to Basingstoke, gets on the M3 at 04:30 in the morning, big stretches of empty dark motorway so I thought it would be rude to waste such an oppurtunity so started to plant the hoof, was crusing at about 120 nothing around what so ever except one car in the distance, I thought to myself probability says it cant be a copper, but sods law said it was. As I was nearly ontop of it it became apparent by the day glow strips it was, breaking from 120 hard aint good and as I get my speed back down to 80 I was right behind him, cruised passed just a tad under 80 now nearly shaking, I pulls over in front of him just waiting for the blue lights but he let me carry on. How the hell he never realised what speed I was doing approaching him I'll never know, only thing I can think of was that he was on his own.......:search:

Still once he was a way of in the distance behind I 130'd it........:D

Plenty of good moments userlly on the continent...

After buying back my old black UK spec years ago I took it to Spain to stay at an ex work colleagues Villa.

I left Malaga at about 12pm on me own, just me n my black Supra, tinted glass (stealth) it was November, the air was cool.

I drove through the night to catch the ferry at Bilbao which boards about 10am (following morning)...so wasn't in a great hurry on this 600 mile journey.

As i reached the Mountains in Northern Spain I thought id stop to stock up on Rough Spanish fags and engine oil flavoured coffee...(no wonder they all have gravelly voices) The attitude of the staff in Spanish Motorway cafes is hilarious, their facial expressions look like they have been set in concrete, no matter how polite or funny you are, they aint gonna smile...they just grunt and literally throw the change at you.

I left for the last leg, across the mountains on beautifully tarmaced expressways, theres something very cowboy, very Wild West about that route, you just feel that if ya break down you are going to end up as a big chunk of Pahma ham hanging above the counter at the next service area, in front of a chain smoking Spanish Kris Kristoffesen. (Good job i was driving a Toyota..plus id practise the drill of changing the tyre if i needed to and had got it down to a good time)

The solitude of being in a Supra on open roads with no trafffic and no-one to talk to at night, is just something i'll never forget, Supra was my only mate on that journey and we got to know each other very well.

When i fired her up after yet another cup of Engine oil Coffee (they get rougher the further North you go) there was an odd noise from the rear..it was the antenna, it had iced up, and the rear spoiler had a thick layer of ice across it, the air was so clean though and it just felt fresh rather than cold, the car was kind of very clean too, no dead flies this time of year!

I just remember being sat in the Supra Cockpit ready to take off, turbos ready to take deep breaths of cold air, a virgin stretch of seemingly endless tarmac ahead. I pondured on the fact that i was about to spend a further couple of days on a cruise ferry with nice food and cheap booze, a nice luxury cabin with a sea view and English speaking people...

There is still a room in my heart that accomodates that moment, sat there plenty of time, not a worry in the world, a long stretch of virgin road ahead in a Super fast exciting car...magic moments aye!!!! he he (plenty of other great times too in Supras)

There is something very heartwarming about 'going somewhere' in a Supra

Sorry i do rattle on ha ha...

But it is also the only car iv ever owned where im happy to just drive - no aims, no plans, just take each corner as it comes :)

I hi-five that Rob.

As soon as I finish work and get to the Train Station Car Park, I start her up and drive a good 20 minutes or more every night. I only live 1/2 mile away, but I just can't get enough of it.

One of the best journeys I've had, surprisingly, was on the way back from Swanage, a 350 mile odd trip there and back, in the pissing raining, and I mean hammering it down. I was cruising at 100mph and smiling to myself thinking "You're a very good girl today, even in this shit" and she never set a foot wrong the whole journey - straight as an arrow.:)

Greg

Guest Phillw454

iv had a few nice drives to places like weston, not in the supra yet, not took out for a good drive, but am heading over to london at 2am in a few weeks to pick up a friend from the airport so that should be nice, cant wait till summer though, thats when love driving.:)

Gorgeous Sunday morning in Summer 200 millions years ago, I was in driving back from Devon in my MG Midget top down wind in the hair with Going For the One by Yes on Sharp radio cassette. The banger is so behaving itself. Be back home for lunch in a few hours. No rush. Pootling along past Shepton Mallet straight road when all over sudden a Ford Cortina Mk3 battle cruiser pulls out and I T-bone him. [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

Gorgeous Sunday morning in Summer 200 millions years ago, I was in driving back from Devon in my MG Midget top down wind in the hair with Going For the One by Yes on Sharp radio cassette. The banger is so behaving itself. Be back home for lunch in a few hours. No rush. Pootling along past Shepton Mallet straight road when all over sudden a Ford Cortina Mk3 battle cruiser pulls out and I T-bone him. [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

lol....ooops did it have different colour doors?

God i used to Live in Shepton Mallet once..(or Shit n Smellit as the locals call it lol) what a depressing place that is shit happens in shit n smellit lol, only great thing is its near Glastonbury Festival :)

Guest GirlRacer!

I love every single drive in my sexy red girl!!!! :D

But it's never completely perfect cos there always seems to be some git in front of me chugging along all slow! ;)

It's been cold and wet ever since I got the Supe, so I can't wait for my first spring and summer with her! Dry roads!!!!! :ecstatic: ooooooooh! I'm so excited! I'm bound to have a perfect drive then! Never-ending, empty, gently twisting roads...... aaaah.... the stuff of dreams! LOL! :)

Guest GirlRacer!
oh, and every day when I drive to work... I actually look forward to driving to work every day?! now that's tragic... :D

That's not tragic mate - at least I hope it's not, because I do exactly that too!!!!! (Although I definitely look forward to driving home a lot more!) :D