The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question - RLTC

imi

Picked up my car from Pheonix today and on two occassion, on a straight floored it and the car started to tail to the drivers side despite the front wheels pointing straight.

No drama; but still weird as to why the car started to tail on full boost....

any opinion / advice??

Was it wet?

Nope

What has RLTC go to do with this? Are you thinking of fitting it or do you have it and it didn't work right?

I do have RLTC and its already setup. Mind you, I was set at 10% slip....WET > DRY > 10% - so the next one after dry....

point is, in a straight line, why would the tail try sway to the drivers side....?

If I understand something that Terminator told me is that the setting you are using only applies when the wheels are turned ie, you are cornering.

If the wheels are straight then the setting is actually another 5% off. So wet would be 5%, 5% would be 10% etc etc.

So, at the time you were on about 15% slip. More than enough for a wiggle.

Suspension? You've just had some Eibachs fitted I believe. Geometry? Camber of the road? Thursday?

Geometry is something that I will be sorting out this weekend.

I am about to start searching for the settings for the supra.....as Mark said that ZERO is definetely not the right setting, and mine is currently set to ZERO (i think - unless when they select a supra on the HUNTER machines is automatically set's zero to the right setting for the car - if you know what i mean)

Any ideas as to what the settings should be?

Bit obvious and un-techie, but rear tyre pressure down on one side ?

nope. this happened 1 min after me sorting out the tyre pressures....34 on the rears and 36 on the fronts. :D

good shout though...I should have mentioned it earlier.

Guages at all our local stations are crap, I always carry my own guage now. Apart from that I blew the valve out of the rear nearside wheel last saturday about 1 min after doing them, valve had snapped in 2. Sure it is uncommon but second time I have had it. Luckily i had ordered a spare valve last time it happened.

Good luck with it anyway mate

I use anybodys air, but I don't trust their guages. Bought a nice one on here in a group buy last year, will look for the details. If you have none standard wheels I would get a spare valve though. First time it happened to me I had to order one and wait four days for it coming. Am just going to order one just now cos I used my spare on Saturday

Imi, why not switch RL to WET. I know it's the 'soft option' but you won't have any mishaps.

Exactly, if you are having a few twitches which you are not expecting then you should obviously take it steady in case something is wrong. I would set my RL to Wet as well.

Better to be soft than dead

agree, lewis.

just got my car back from pheonix so was giving it some beans...the 1st time was unexpected (on the straights, really didnt understand why it was happening) - the 2nd time was deliberately induced by me; no drama in either case; just intrigue as to why the car was swaying on a striaght road in a straight line...