The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thx to Pheonix.

imi

Got a lot of stuff done today by Pheonix - Mark is a top guy - genuine, great advice, knowledgeable guy; great guy. :thumbs:

- Got my Eibach's fitted

Its lowers the car very well (still need to bed them in so they need to settle)

Ride is harder for sure (I am running Yellow billies) however not as hard as I was expecting, its is actually pretty good (early days yet; more london driving ahead)

- Got the whole coolant system flush with new Toyota 4life. (now I can sleep in peace - no tap water in the system anymore)

- Changed a few dodgy breather + vacuum hoses with proper stiff ones to try and sort out my boost issues.

- New rear window seal fitted - sounds and looks perfect :)

Mark didnt install the front bearings, say that i didnt need them, so I trust his advice and those bearings are now up for sale here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=98135

- we are still a bit miffed as to why we need to add MORE FUEL to the mixture on my BPU using a standard ECU and a SAFC.

thinking to get the injectors cleaned and re-fitted (440s) OR possible go upto 650cc and then lean the mixture. And perhaps change the FPR to an aeromotive one (future proof)

any help / advice appreciated here.........

pics to follow once I get the car cleaned...

Photo-0011.jpg

Photo-0012.jpg

Marks a top bloke, really knows his way round these cars.

Probably a silly question but have you changed your fuel filter? How about the pump? I very much suspect these are done but always worth checking.

Guys have you got a contact number for these lads please. cheers

01923 228484

Probably a silly question but have you changed your fuel filter? How about the pump?

- Toyota Fuel filter - about 10 months ago.

- Walbro Pump - been there before I owned the car 2.5 yrs ago.

Mark was suggesting going the lines of cleaning the injectors and changing the FPR.

Mark's a great bloke.

Been going there a few years now.

I trust him enough to pay him a couple of weekends back to come with me to look at a 4Runner I was interested in. Needless to say he took his time and did a thorough check of it for me. I don't think the guy selling it realised how thorough though as Mark spent nearly two hours on it:d

Massive knowledge and genuine guy:) He's one person that honestly does deserve our business imo.

Paul

Massive knowledge and genuine guy:) He's one person that honestly does deserve our business imo.

Paul

ABSOLUTELY.

mind you; mark needs to get IT literate - doesn't even have email :D

Does anyone deal with his emails? Vortex??

question....if I do get hold of some cheapy injectors....I dont need to change the fuel rail - I am thinking 550 / 650 tops...

For the stock rail on a Jspec you need high impedance, side feed injectors. I'd try and stick to something fairly small (650 max) as the SAFC has only fairly basic control of the fueling.

ABSOLUTELY.

mind you; mark needs to get IT literate - doesn't even have email :D

Does anyone deal with his emails? Vortex??

Bloody hell, we agree on something:d ;)

As you say Mark don't get on too well with computers and he'll be the first to admit it.

I've dealt with him for a few years and never had much of a problem getting hold of him by phone during working hours. He doesn't seem bothered about being on here or the internet in general as I think he has the work/home life balance right and being contactable 24hrs would possibly ruin that.

Paul

Marks a top bloke, really knows his way round these cars.

Probably a silly question but have you changed your fuel filter? How about the pump? I very much suspect these are done but always worth checking.

01923 228484

cheers HOMER

Got the 4 wheel alignment done today. (NOT AT PHEONIX)

My tyres have been on the car for the past 7K miles and the rears are wearing nicely and the front are like new still.

Now with the lowered suspension, I have gone for the lance settings; cant say that the handling has been transformed neither can I say that its had any adverse effects.

Got a rear puncture sorted too, and the front re-balanced.

I love the suspension setup.....still needs to be bedded in.

Mind you, the stock springs were pretty hard too....the eibach are definetely not as hard with the yellow billies as some say on here

Photo-0009.jpg

Photo-0007.jpg

- we are still a bit miffed as to why we need to add MORE FUEL to the mixture on my BPU using a standard ECU and a SAFC.

Didn't say you had to do it :) What I said was adding fuel iwth stock J-Spec fueling via the SAFC-2 isn't recommended - and suggested an Aero FPR - wind the fuel pressure up to say 40psi (Mark has a Fuel Pressure Gauge) Then using the SAFC-2 to trim fuel (-x%) rather than adding fuel (+x%).

Because the 0 settings on the SAFC-2 represent you're already stock fuelling - adding fuel up and above that (whether you're fuel pressure is stock or not) - would potentially go beyond the 100% duty cycle of your 440's when at WOT.

Or the other option - I suggested was you swap out your 440's for bigger ones. :)

And yes, Mark is a top guy! Been doing business with Mark for 2yrs now. If I still had my Supe I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Re-cap - My current setup

Standard injectors, Standard ECU, HKS FCD, Walbro fuel pump, Standard FPR, Apexi SAFC + AVC0-R.

I am ADDING more fuel to the mixture today in order to keep the AFRs in check (else it was running lean). This was done on the dyno by rebas & also done my whifbitz using a wideband sensor and tuning while driving up and down the road).

Ideally where I want it:

Stock ECU map is rich anyway so adding more fuel should NOT be required, instead, I should be trimming the fuel mixture if I want the AFRs to be perfect.

How do I get there:

Suggestions were:

• to change the FPR (maybe the stock one is faulty, highly unlikely but worth a try)

• to have the fuel pump and pressure tank checked.

• to have the injectors cleaned as they might not be flowing properly OR upgrade to 550 /650 and then trim (future proofing for single)

• leave it alone, cause other than on the dyno, it is running perfectly

Now that I have done a good 60-70 miles since getting the eibachs fitted, I can safely say that they are HARD. The ride is fantastic on smooth roads, however on bumpy roads you can definetely feel the difference.

I have muscled the clunky 6 speed gearbox in London for 3 years.......so i will just add the new hard suspension to the experience.

BRING IT ON :D