The mkiv Supra Owners Club

stubby aerials

Andyhannah

After much interest being shown by a few people for the stubby aerials we are looking into sourcing these.

Here is a picture with a couple of designs in black and silver.

Are these the type of things you guys are after?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/RICHIE616161/stubbyaerialpic.jpg[/img]

Andy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A question as well as comment on the arial, my arial dont work so not sure what its supposed to do, does it go up as soon as the sterio is on, or when radio is selected on the head unit?

Interested in the stubby arial, so long as is direct replacement :)

The automatic raising of the aerial is dependent on the head unit. Some pop the aeriel up when the unit is on, others only when the radio is on - the automated announcement AF/TR stuff can cause the aerial to rise when using a function that you don't necessarily need one for - i.e. playing CD's :)

I am interested in these too by the way :D. The feckin hooooge towering aerial of doom is only dwarfed by the M4 Junction 11 wind turbine!! I prefer something less in yer face.

The ariel used on the silver supra in the picture above is a Honda S2000 ariel, & S2000 ariel base.

(Apparently it needs some modification to get it to sit upright though, due to the S2000 body shape being slightly different than the Supra's.)

But at £133.30 plus VAT I wouldn't want to be messing about with it too much!

I just hope another one can be sourced.

The ariel used on the silver supra in the picture above is a Honda S2000 ariel, & S2000 ariel base.

(Apparently it needs some modification to get it to sit upright though, due to the S2000 body shape being slightly different than the Supra's.)

certainly is, and there is a step by step guide as to how to install it on the supra. modifications are required (cant remember what exactly)

if we can get something similar for a much better price then its the way forward/

But at £133.30 plus VAT I wouldn't want to be messing about with it too much!

I just hope another one can be sourced.

Yea i agree there mate.

Just thought id add it for those who wanted that exact one.

Even if u didnt have to mod it I would pretty uninclined to pay that much for an ariel anyways :D lol

Lets hope something a little more budgetable can be found for us to use :)

certainly is, and there is a step by step guide as to how to install it on the supra. modifications are required (cant remember what exactly)

if we can get something similar for a much better price then its the way forward/

Indeed it is!!! :)