The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R.I.P supe

bridlea

had it 9 days and its a write off

[/sAD]

Driving up my local bypass on monday nite doin about 60mph, when suddenly i spun out and hit the crash barrier coming to a stop in the centre of the bypass. Thought id better get out of the car when i heard tyres screeching, looked up and saw head lights comin right at me. Tried to jump back into the drivers seat but it was too late, the car hit my car on the rear drivers side and threw me out of the car just missing the car that had hit me. The police hold me that i was very lucky to walk away and that i had spun because someone had spilt diesel on the road which had made me spin. Im totally gutted that my dream car is now sat in a scrap yard [sAD]

/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif
but the next thing i have got to think about is, how much payout for the car will i get? do i get another after spending all my money buying the car?

pics;

http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s316/bridlea/

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ouch mate - really sorry to hear this pal.

Still, glad you're OK. Bloody Diesel/Oil/Petrol on the roads these days. As for the blame, you should be fine although the spin-out was caused by part user error and you'll have to take action against the local RM company.

Who are you insured with? Agreed Value is always a good thing.

EDIT: Oh No!! I loved that Supe! Different colour, different look that worked brilliantly! Gutted. :(

Ouch mate - really sorry to hear this pal.

Still, glad you're OK. Bloody Diesel/Oil/Petrol on the roads these days. As for the blame, you should be fine although the spin-out was caused by part user error and you'll have to take action against the local RM company.

Who are you insured with? Agreed Value is always a good thing.

EDIT: Oh No!! I loved that Supe! Different colour, different look that worked brilliantly! Gutted. :(

insured through elephant.co.uk swapped my insurance over from my old car.

Guest StevenSheen

Admiral and elephant are the same company basically so if were saying Admiral dont then neither will elephant.....However that begs the question why on the elephant website it asks you if the car is modified?

I told them about the bodykit and alloys and it raised my premium by £70.00 quid so I would assume they will cover you for mods at an agreed value as long as you specified the mods at the time of getting the quote and policy...the prob is elephant dont ask you about mods when you phone em so unless you took out the policy online and stated about your mods you could be in trouble.

As long as you stated they were on the car they cant refuse to cover you, when there charging you more for your policy surely?